This Senior System Administrator Job Description template can be used post on online job boards. It broadens your candidate reach.
This template makes your hiring process one step easier by channelizing your thought process.
Job Brief :
We are looking for a Senior System Administrator for our company. The Candidate has to be creative enough to match our highly talented IT department.
Your responsibilities will include supervision of the daily operations and monitoring of system performance. You should have excellent troubleshooting abilities for network, hardware, and software. To succeed in this position you must have the ability to administer and ensure the proper functioning of the software, hardware, server, and network.
- Configure computer system, hardware, software, and other applications.
- Administer internal systems and interpret issues in them.
- Troubleshoot the issues that arise in the internal systems.
- Oversee the daily operations and the operation team.
- Configure servers and firewalls.
- Train the new candidates and help them set up their system.
- Keep monitoring the system performance and ensure its proper working.
- Take care of the proper deployment of new applications.
- Recommend ways to improve the network of computer systems.
- Upgrade the components of the system and update the technical documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and other related courses.
- Working experience as a Senior System Administrator or in other similar roles.
- Good understanding of networks.
- Deep understanding of system security.
- Team management skills and good communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Senior System Administrator Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Senior System Administrator?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on average a Senior System Administrator on an entry-level earn about ₹805K per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
What are the top skills for a Senior System Administrator?
The top skills for a Senior System Administrator are :
- Ability to collaborate and communicate: To be successful in this job post the candidate needs to understand everybody’s perspective within the organization. You also have to communicate the perspectives clearly to the non-technical staff, thus communicating and collaborating skills are important.
- Awareness of the organization: The Candidate needs to have an understanding of the objectives of the employees in the organization. So to give the right advice for the betterment of the organization a good understanding of the major factors like finance, logistics, etc is important.
- Technical Expertise: Since the main work in this post is to help team members when they face technical problems and take proper decisions for the betterment of the organization advanced technical expertise is a must.
- Consistent Desire for development: Consistent development on a professional level is very important to have a specialized career.
- Problem-solving ability: Since we know that the main duty in this position is to solve team member’s problems. The ability to solve problems of all sorts is important.
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Recooty can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.