This QA Tester Job Description Template gives well-rounded description of this job. It streamlines your hiring process and makes it one step easier. You can use it track the candidates best suited for your open position.
This template in SEO optimized. You can customize it according to your needs and use it to post on online Job boards.
We are looking for a QA Tester for our organization. The candidate is supposed to design test plan to access performance and quality of the product. You will be responsible to identify and report issues or bugs. You will also be expected to contribute in troubleshooting major issues with the software code.
To become an ideal candidate you must exhibit strong knowledge cop software development and testing methodologies. You must be a team player and should have keen eye for details.
- Oversee system specifications and analyze them.
- Develop test plan, prescription and procedure along with the QA engineers.
- Run manual or automated test cases on source codes and evaluate the result.
- Studying product code keeping in mind the user specifications.
- Document all the phases of tests as well as the defects.
- Report test results to the development team.
- Help in troubleshooting issues.
- Perform test before the final release of the product.
- Ensure all the activities pertaining to software development life-cycle adhere to the quality standards of the organization.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or other related courses
- Proven experience as a QA Tester or in other relevant roles.
- Good understanding of agile framework and regression testing techniques.
- Ability to prepare proper detailed reports and documents.
- Working knowledge of test management software, programming languages like SQL and other QA methodologies.
- Problem solving abilities and critical thinking skills.
- Teamwork spirit and organizational skills
- Keen eye for details.
QA Tester Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a QA Tester?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a QA Tester on an entry-level earn about Rs.493L per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click. A quick Recooty sign up could be done from here – Recooty.
What are the key skills for a QA Tester?
- Critical thinking abilities: A good company is such that produces products that fulfill all the requirements of the customer. A skilled QA tester has the ability to think and comprehend from a customer’s perspective. This helps you in developing Products that meet the customer‘s requirements.
- Quick learning skills: we know that the complete IT industry is a Continuously advancing industry. As a QA Tester, you must be comfortable with multiple tasks. You have to handle the real-time issues that arise almost every day. Thus, you must Be familiar with all the tools and techniques followed by the developers. There is no single way that can help you solve all the issues that arise on daily basis. There is always room for improvement and learning especially when you are working in the IT sector.
- Fixable personality: The candidate must be comfortable performing automated tests as well as manual tests. You might also have to work with the tools used for development. Only one still alone is not sufficient to become an ideal candidate. Thus, Companies prefer Hiring candidates who are ready to regularly learn new things. Apart from learning, you must also have the skill to be able to implement your learning in a practical sense.
- Social and collaboration skills: All the companies nowadays are moving towards an agile testing approach. Earlier QA testers were kept separate from the other development processes. Companies nowadays expect them to collaborate with the development and programming team. This is a good thing but to take advantage of the system the candidate must know how to convey their messages to other people. To be able to release a successful productive candidate must work closely with all the other departments.