This Administrative Assistant job description template is customizable and can be used to effectively attract the most qualified candidates to your open position in a short duration.
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant for our company, who is capable of working positively with the higher officials.
An Administrative Assistant performs clerical duties, largely on behalf of the leader in the organization. The candidate will majorly schedule appointments, prepare presentation materials and plan events like board meetings. The ideal candidate should be able to maintain the growth of a smooth, positive and productive working environment within the organization.
To do justice with this job, you should have excellent communication skills, extensive professional knowledge. Also, you should be able to manage our company’s administrative work effectively. The ideal candidate must fit the responsibilities & requirements as mentioned in the administrative assistant job description below.
- Understand the administrative work of the company and provide support to managers, employees, and visitors.
- Collaborate with senior officials to accomplish the task given by leaders and managers.
- Ensure clear and positive interactions within the organization, manage information sharing among the co-workers and maintain a productive work environment.
- Schedule appointments and prepare presentations for meetings.
- Store, organize and manage files.
- Proofread documents and ensure corrections to be made in the document.
- Assist in the preparation of important reports.
- Record the minutes of meetings, send faxes and emails.
- Plan events and make travel arrangements for staff.
- Manage office supplies and request office items whenever required.
- Monitor and operate office machines.
- Contribute to establish and maintain clear interaction with the clients.
- Provide customer services, greet visitors, attend phone calls and redirect them.
- Record and report office expenditure.
- Coordinate and contribute to the maintenance and repair work of the office.
- High school diploma degree and associate’s degree in related fields.
- Prior assistant, secretarial, or office experience.
- Proficiency in various tools used in this field (e.g.: MS Excel, MS Office, MS PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working experience and knowledge of various office machines like printers and fax machines.
- Deep knowledge of the Office management system.
- Extensive professional knowledge, administrative knowledge, and skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management, work management, and organization skills.
- Strong work ethics, attention to details and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience as an administrative assistant.
Administrative Assistant JD FAQs:
Where can I post this Administrative Assistant Job Description to get maximum reach?
You can post this job description to various job boards such as ZipRecruiter, Adzuna, Indeed and many more. A smarter approach would be to use an Applicant Tracking System. An ATS like Recooty helps you broadcast your jobs across more than 20+ job sites on a single submission.
What exactly does an Administrative Assistant do?
An administrative assistant should have excellent oral and written communication skills to carry out day to day tasks. The tasks include preparing official reports & files, making travel & meeting arrangements and answering queries over phone or email. An ideal candidate must be familiar with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and other office equipment.
What are the alternative job titles for an administrative asst job listing?
The other job titles commonly used by employers are Administrative Specialist or Administrative Coordinator.
What is an Administrative Assistant’s salary expectations?
An average Administrative Assistant makes about $15/hr in the US. An experienced candidate might expect as much as $35/hr at the highest.
Which industries require for Administrative Assistants?
The industries that require administrative assistants are generally Information Technology, Billing & Accounting, Medical, Financial Services & Legal.