This Web Designer Job Description template is customizable and can be used to attract the most qualified candidates to your open position.
We are looking for a Web Designer who encompasses all the skills that could help in improving the user experience on our website. You will also be responsible for prioritizing the needs of the website and keeping the site up-to-date. You will make sure that the design stays in line with the client’s branding. To be a successful candidate for this job you should have the capability to convert client requirements into a beautiful, intuitive and functional design.
- Design visual imagery of the website.
- Set up design plans, design guidelines and website structure.
- Design Sample pages.
- Conceptualize new design ideas to enhance user experience.
- Create the design and layout of the website by converting high-level requirements into artifacts.
- Make sure that the design stays in line with the branding for the client.
- Make the site user-friendly by reducing the complexity in the process and understanding of the site.
- Incorporate functionalities and features.
- Prioritize the needs of the website.
- Keep the site up-to-date.
- Maintain the appearance of the website by establishing design standards.
- Test and improve the design of the website.
- Take design feedback from all the stakeholders.
- Follow the best industry practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and other related courses.
- Proven experience as a Web Designer.
- Proficiency in graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Updated with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies.
- Good interactive and communication skills.
Web Designer Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical salary for a Web Designer?
Although salaries vary based on location and years of experience, a Web Designer might demand somewhere between $38k and $74k.
How are Web Designers different from Graphic Designers?
And what is the difference between Web designers and Web developers then?
Developers are known for building a website’s core structure using high-level coding languages, whereas designers are more creative on the visual/graphics part. A developer provides a skeleton to the body designed by a designer. If developers were to be called construction workers, web designers would be architects – both different, but necessary.
How can I use this Web Designer Job Description Template to make the most of it?
Best results can be realized by Posting this JD on various job boards such as CareerJet, DrJob, and Jobsora. Using an Applicant Tracking System would prove to be a catalyst in attracting the best talent. That is where Recooty could play a very crucial part which allows posting jobs to more than 20+ job sites at one go.