This Senior Web Developer Job Description Template gives you an outline of the main duties and responsibilities of this job. It can be used to streamline the selection process and receive a high concentration of best suited applicants.
You can customize it according to your needs and use it to post on online job boards.
We are looking for a Senior Web Developer for our organization. The candidate is supposed to write efficient codes to build good functional applications.
You will first have to understand the user’s needs and requirements. Then you will keep in mind the project deadlines and set the work schedule accordingly. Testing the applications and reviewing the codes written by other team members is also your duty.
Ensuring good functional behavior of all the web applications is your main motive.
- Understand the client’s requirements and specifications.
- Scheduling tasks according to prioritize and deadlines.
- Coordinate and discuss with the team members.
- Establish strong relationships and maintain effective communication with the clients.
- Write efficient codes for different applications and review codes written by other team members.
- Ensure all the documents for the various project are properly maintained.
- Perform tests and debug the applications.
- Evaluate the performance of new employees and other junior developers.
- Collaborate with the designers to finalize the design of the applications.
- Identify the areas of weakness and set sessions for training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related courses.
- Proven experience as a Senior Web Developer or other related roles.
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS, etc.
- Inspiring leadership qualities.
- Excellent management skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Senior Web Developer Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Senior Web Developer?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on average a Senior Web Developer on an entry-level earn about Rs.607K per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click. A quick Recooty sign up could be done from here – Recooty.
What are the top qualities for a Senior Web Developer?
The top qualities for a Senior Web Developer are:
- Curiosity: In the development process of a project, while writing a scalable code you shouldn’t feel shy in asking questions. Also, with the continuous advancement in technology, you must have the curiosity to learn every new trend in the industry.
- Analytical mind: Problem-solving is a huge part of your programming. You must have the ability to balance your thoughts and have an analytical mindset for the small and big picture.
- Teamwork spirit: As a developer, you will have to work with other web developers, designers, engineers, and other teams within the company. To do so teamwork spirit is an essential thing.
- Technical mind: As a developer, it is important for you to understand every single thing about your computer. You need to be absolutely comfortable in working with computers and various other related devices.