This Senior Ruby Developer Job Description Template is readily available for you to post on online job boards. It can also be customized.
This template derives the best-suited candidates for your open position. It makes your hiring process easier by channelizing your thoughts.
Job Brief :
We are looking for Senior Ruby Developer for our organization who can match our talented IT team.
The candidate is required to develop software and web-based applications. Your major duties include creating exclusive and efficient front-end components as well as creative back-end solutions. You must be passionate about writing the code from the scratch.
To be successful in this job position you must be capable of contributing significantly in all phases of development from ideation to deployment.
- Write efficient reusable and reliable codes in Ruby.
- Develop back-end components for web applications.
- Annalyse codes, written by junior developers, and suggest improvements if needed.
- Test applications and ensure good quality, performance, and responsiveness of the application.
- Create, install as well as share plugins and gems.
- Help in maintaining the quality of the code and automatization.
- Ensure that the quality of products adheres to the quality standards of the organization.
- Be in touch with all the team members.
- Keep updating the developed applications and maintain its performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and other related courses.
- Proven experience as a Senior Ruby Developer or in other related development fields.
- Great working experience with the development of command-line apps and Ruby libraries.
- Good understanding of Agile methodology of software development and object-oriented programming.
- Acquaintance with Restful concepts, MVC concepts, etc.
- Passion for writing readable, reusable, and compatible codes.
- Knowledge of implementation of automated testing platforms and unit testing strategies.
- Teamwork spirit and problem-solving abilities.
Senior Ruby Developer Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Senior Ruby Developer?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a Senior Ruby Developer on an entry-level earn about $127,382 per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
Why Senior Ruby Developer is a preferred choice?
Senior Ruby Developers are a preferred choice today due to the following reasons :
Open Source: Ruby is an open source framework. Most of its library too are open source. It also offers free downloading and free licensing of source code.
Cost-Effective: As it is an open-source framework. It has automated tools that help in cutting off many sections from the complete project.
Fast: The Ruby framework is faster in comparison with the other development frameworks. We can even reuse the existing code.
Flexible: Senior Ruby Developers have flexibility in applying various changes in the data models, etc. easily. With the Ruby framework, it is easy for them to add new features.