This Receptionist Job description template gives you an outline of the main duties and responsibilities of this job.
It can be used to attract the applicants closely matching the skill set required for this position. It can thus make your hiring process one step easier.
Job Brief :
We are looking for an impressive Receptionist to manage our front desk and maintain a welcoming environment for the visitors.
You duties will include greeting visitors to our office, answering calls as well as redirecting them and distributing correspondence. By ensuring the delivery of good customer services you will help the organization in engaging huge amount of potential customers and upgrading their existence in the market.
You will also be responsible for performing a diverse set of administrative work. The ideal candidate for this position should portray stress management skills, multitasking abilities, capability of dealing with emergencies and time management skills.
- Greet clients, visitors to the office and create a welcoming environment.
- Understand the needs of the clients and answering their queries.
- Direct the visitors to the suitable person and desk.
- Answer phone calls and redirecting them.
- Ensure that the front desk is clean and well-organized.
- Be well-versed with the offers and policies of the organization.
- Explain the organization’s policies and latest offers clearly to the potential clients.
- Manage and organize the official mails according to the priority.
- Check and order the front desk supplies.
- Keep a count of the front desk supplies as well as the inventories and order them as required.
- Ensure the safety and security of the office as well as office items.
- Schedule meetings and update calendars regularly.
- Make travel arrangements and take care of the accommodation.
- Manage records of office expense and costs.
- Grant service and assist employs for various clerical duties such as photocopy, faxing, etc.
- High school diploma and bachelor’s degree in related streams would be preferable.
- Proven experience for various front desk jobs.
- Working experience of all the office equipments such as printing machine, fax machine, etc.
- Welcoming as well as professional attitude for the visitors.
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills, multitasking skills and time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and deliver excellent customer service even in a fast paced work environment.
- Well-versed with MS Office suite and other essential office equipments.
- Basic knowledge of all the office work such as clerical and administrative work.
Receptionist Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Receptionist?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a Receptionist on an entry-level earn about ₹188K per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
Which industries lookout for Receptionist?
Receptionist is one of the most sought after professional in the job market.
- Retail & Commerce,
- Travel and Tourism,
- Logistic & Transportation,
- Advertisement and Product Companies
are some industries that look out for Receptionists.