This Quality Assurance Engineer Job Description template includes a list of all the responsibilities and requirements of a Quality Assurance engineer. It is customizable and ready to be posted on job boards. You can use it to attract qualified candidates and best employees in minimum time.
Job Brief :
A Quality Assurance Engineer’s task is to develop and execute automated tests to check the quality of the product. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer who could take care of the smooth working of our product. The responsibilities include monitoring all stages of our software development to identify and resolve system break down to set quality standards. You will ensure whether the software meets client needs. Candidates capable of conducting end to end software testing, contribute to enhancing the product quality and make it market-ready are welcome to apply.
Responsibilities of a Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Make comprehensive and well-structured test plans.
- Track the development process of the product from the very beginning till the end.
- Perform exploratory testing to check the proper functioning of the software.
- Ensure that the software meets the needs of the client and is cost-efficient.
- Execute automated tests to monitor the quality of the product.
- Hunt bugs, identify issues, and report them.
- Ensure all the issues are resolved.
- Enforce thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Interact with internal teams to identify system requirements and ensure consistent project execution.
- Present the reports to the higher officials.
- Stay aligned with the latest testing tools and strategies.
- Make the product market-ready which includes meeting the quality standards and all government regulations.
Requirements of a Quality Assurance Engineer :
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer.
- BS degree in computer science and other related fields.
- Prominent experience with a white box and black box testing.
- Extraordinary experience in automated testing tools.
- Familiarity with testing types and techniques.
- Keen interest in details and commitment to excellent quality.
- Competence and acquaintance to write SQL and automation scripts.
- Ability to generate automation metrics.
- Extraordinary communication skills.
- Experience in writing clear and concise test plans and test cases.
Quality Assurance Engineer Job Description FAQs :
What salary do Quality Assurance Engineers work for?
The range falls anywhere between $278k/year and $1096k/year. Yet, a Quality Assurance Engineer might expect $589k/year(on an average) in the United States as their salary.
How can I use this Quality Assurance Engineer Job Description to get a better reach of the candidates?
Using this job description for posting on various job boards such as Indeed, Adzuna, ZipRecruiter can get you broader reach of the candidates. An ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! An ATS which allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
What does a Software Quality Assurance Plan look like?
Software Quality Assurance Plan underlines the procedures, techniques, and tools to make sure that a product or service aligns with the software requirement specification. It basically identifies the SQA work products. The plan describes the SQA responsibilities of a team and includes the areas that need to be reviewed and audited. The SQA plan document has the sections as mentioned as under:
- Purpose section
- Reference section
- Software configuration management section
- Problem reporting and corrective action section
- Tools, technologies and methodologies section
- Code control section
- Records: Collection, maintenance and retention section
- Testing methodology
What are some SQA routine activities?
- Creating as SQA Management Plan
- Setting the checkpoints
- Apply Software Engineering Techniques
- Executing Formal Technical ReviewsHaving
- Having a Multi-Testing Strategy
- Enforcing Process Adherence
- Controlling changes, variations and versions
- Measure the impact of change
- Performing SQA Audits
- Maintaining records & reports
- Manage good relations with the technical team
Which techniques are most commonly used in Software Quality Assurance?
- Code Inspection
- Functional Testing
- Static Analysis
- Path Testing
- Stress Testing
- Six Sigma