This Network Technician job description template it’s a brief description of all the responsibilities and requirements of this job. It can be used to attract the most suited candidates for your open position. It helps in streamlining the hiring process and makes it one step easier.
This template is SCO optimized. You can customize it according to your needs and use it to post on online job boards.
We are looking for a Network Technician for our organization. The main duty of the candidate will be to design, configure and install network infrastructure for our company. You will also be required to perform various upgrades and take care of the maintenance of the network. You must check the performance of the devices used and the network regularly. Coming up with new ideas to improve these performances is also your responsibility.
You will have to provide guidance to the co-workers on what effective use of computers and networks.
To become the ideal candidate you must have passion and good knowledge of technology. Your goal must be to provide uninterrupted network connection and smooth sailing software, hardware performance to the organization.
- Design, configure and install computer networks, cables and connections.
- Handle situations of system failure and come up with effective solutions.
- Determine bottlenecks and work towards removing them for the long-term efficiency of network.
- Check LAN infrastructure and resolve all issues with the network.
- Test the software and hardware devices, repair and configure them as and when needed.
- Keep checking the network performance and come up with new suggestions improve the security and performance of the network.
- Schedule and perform necessary upgrades to the network infrastructure.
- Protect the organization’s data by performing the regular data backups.
- Provide support and advice to the coworkers for the effective use of computer and network.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or any other related course.
- Proven experience as a Network Technician or in any other relevant role.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving abilities.
- Good working experience with common hardware and software devices used in the organization.
- Deep knowledge of all the necessary networking technologies.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamwork spirit.
Network Technician Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Network Technician?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on average a Network Technician on an entry-level earn about Rs 348k per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you a better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites with a single click. A quick Recooty sign-up could be done from here – Recooty.
Which industries lookout for Network Technician?
- Retail industry,
- Manufacturing industry,
- Finance industry,
- Software Developers,
- The government,
- Utility companies.
What are the top skills every Network Technician must have?
- Technical skills,
- Interpersonal skills,
- Problem-solving abilities,
- Team-work spirit,
- A keen eye for details.