This Controller Job description template can be customized according to your requirement and is readily available for posting on online job boards. It makes your hiring process one step easier and helps you attract the most qualified candidates for your open position.
Job Brief :
We are looking for a responsible and experienced Controller who can efficiently take over the financial management of the organization.
The candidate will be responsible for all the accounting operations, generation of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records. Regulation of budget and control policies will also involve your contribution.
The duties will also involve the management of inventories, purchase of merchandise, administration of inventory audits and financial risk management. You should have comprehensive knowledge about the financial market and excellent verbal communication skills. With your skills you should be able to establish good interactions with the team members, as well as the clients.
To do justice with the Controller’s job you should be successful in maintaining excellent stock levels, thereby increasing profitability and efficiency.
- Managing inventories, purchasing merchandise and tracking shipments.
- Coordinate and manage the financial forecast and budget.
- Prepare and manage complete financial statements, financial reports, corporate annual reports and orderly account filing systems.
- Regulate and manage the production of budget, forecast and have control over accounting transactions
- Maintain purchase reports, pricing and administer inventory audits.
- Take care of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Ensure payroll processing on time and make sure the facility of all reasonable discounts are availed.
- Manage periodic bank reconciliations and debt payments.
- Assess the performance of company operations and suggest improvements if needed.
- Evaluate variance in the budget and report issues.
- Coordinate with the team in capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations for making profitable decisions.
- Make sure that the company policies and procedures adhere to the local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, and other related fields.
- Proven experience in accounting.
- CPA or CMA designated candidates will be preferable.
- Good verbal communication skills and organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills like MS Excel, etc.
- Complete knowledge of the local, state, and federal government rules and regulations.
- Broad knowledge of finance.
- Deep knowledge of the financial market, banking, and economic principles.
- Habitual to tight schedules and keen for delivering quality service.
- Understanding of financial reporting and data analysis.
Controller Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Controller?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a Controller on an entry-level earn about ₹695,374 per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
Which are some top leadership skills for Controller?
Controller is one of the most sought after professional in the job market. Some top leadership skills for a Controller are :
- Controlling cost.
- Well-versed with corporate transaction processes.
- Good corporate knowledge.
- Developing and maintaining good business relations.
- Active listening.
- Clear and precise communication skills.
- Inspiring personality.
- Strong team-building skills.