This Cashier Job description template gives you a concise and well-rounded picture of the duties and responsibilities for this job. It can be used to attract the best candidates for this position in minimal time.
We are looking for a professional and multitasking Cashier to handle all the financial transactions of our company.
The candidate should be able to effectively balance the cash register and generate reports for credit and debit sales. You should have work experience of operating scanners, cash registers, and other electronics efficiently. A potential candidate should be able to answer inquiries over phone calls, processing refunds, and exchange items. A social, adaptable, friendly as well as highly professional in nature kind of a person would be a great fit.
To be the ideal candidate for this position, you have to maintain smooth transaction procedures and customer satisfaction.
- Handle payments and receipts using cash registers, ensure all prices are accurate.
- Greet customers, ring up their purchases and issue receipts to them.
- Redeem coupons and stamps.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by attending their inquiries, help them make the best choice.
- Help and organize all those sectors of the company that directly affect the smooth working of transaction procedures.
- Keep the cash counter clean and organized.
- Ensure the safe transport of products by proper packaging.
- Deal with refunds, returns and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- High school diploma or any other equivalent qualification.
- Quick math and basic computer skills and proven work experience as a retail cashier.
- The Capability of handling huge amounts of cash and transactions effectively.
- Acquaintance with POS, cash registers and other electronics.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure.
- Good communication skills to handle customers and understand their problems.
- Social, adaptable and understanding in nature.
- Capacity to handle complaints politely and cordially.
- Proper knowledge of the current retailing environment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work effectively with other team members at a high pace.
- Keen interest in details and accuracy with strong work ethics.
Cashier Job FAQs:
What exactly do Cashiers do?
Cashiers are known for collecting and processing payments in general. They check the price and quantity of the purchased articles and scan them for the purchase.
What professional skills should a Cashier possess?
Cashiers are required to be highly efficient and accurate at what they do. They should have good math skills along with the ability to multitask around the office. Most importantly they should be courteous and attentive to customers while scanning, counting items and collecting payments. Although these skills are enough to size up a potential candidate, you can still list out the ones that match your needs.
Where can I post this Cashier Job Description to get more applicants?
You can post this job description to various job boards such as Facebook, Indeed, Google For Jobs and many more. Well, you can also use an ATS like Recooty that helps you post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
What are the alternative job titles for a Cashier job listing?
The other job titles commonly used by employers are :
- Retail Sales Associate
- Customer Service Associate
- Store Clerk