This BI Developer Job Description Template brief you about all the responsibilities and requirements of this job. It channelizes your thought process and makes the selection process one step easier. It can be used to attract the most suited candidates for your open position.
This template is SEO Optimized. You can customize it according to your needs and use it to post on online job boards.
We are looking for a BI Developer for our organization. The candidate is required to create effective BI solutions. You are also responsible for developing the warehouse data to provide support to good decision-making.
Maintaining the warehouse data is also your duty. This helps in generating reports that contribute in the monitoring of business performance.
In order to become an ideal candidate you must Stay well updated about the business and market trends. Having background in data analysis and business analysis is preferable.
- Translate business needs into technical specifications.
- Design and develop effective business solutions.
- Ensure proper implementation of the BI solutions.
- Develop tools and reporting systems to store and report data for effective decision-making.
- Use warehouse data to generate reports in support of decision-making and performance monitoring with respect to company’s business.
- Perform unit test and troubleshoot any issues that arise in between the development process.
- Evaluate the performance of existing DE system and work on improving it.
- Maintain the data analytics platforms in use.
- Take care of system integration by collaborating with different departments.
- Develop the base or SQL queries and ensure its proper execution.
- Create technical documents and update them from time to time.
- Perform quality assurance checks, develop and deliver its reports.
- Bachelors degree in computer science and other related courses.
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or in other relevant roles.
- Experience of handling data warehouse designs.
- Complete working knowledge of various BI technologies.
- Good understanding of data analytics system, database management system, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL queries and other services related to SQL.
- Problem solving abilities and keen eye for details.
- Good analytical mindset and teamwork spirit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
BI Developer Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a BI Developer?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a BI Developer on an entry-level earn about Rs. 500,000 in India and $88,000 in the US per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click. You can do a quick Recooty sign up from here – Recooty.
Which industries lookout for BI Developer?
BI Developer is one of the most sought after professional programmers in the job market.
- Retail industry,
- Pharmaceutical industry,
- Oil & Gas industry,
- Sales and Marketing industry,
- Fashion Industry,
- Data Discovery
are some industries that look out for BI Developer.
What are the top skills needed to become a BI developer?
Most BI jobs are about using data to make decisions that result in the growth of the organization. You are supposed to be good at examining data and different data sources to come up with accurate conclusions. With this you develop the solutions that can help us achieve the organizational goals.
This job is not just about analyzing data. You also have to create business strategies and come up with effective solutions to the real time issues. Dealing with problems is an everyday work. But you are required to be creative in giving solutions to each and every problem.
Good industry knowledge:
You will gain most of the knowledge of the industry while working in this position. But you need to have prior understanding of the dynamics of market and industry. It is only then that you will be able to grasp greater knowledge in the industry while working for the organization. Also, to become an expert in your field it is important to have deep industry knowledge.
Good verbal and written communication skills:
To acquire knowledge about the industry and grasp the skill set needed in this role you must first be able to communicate properly. It is only then that you will be able to ask the right questions and understand the complete answers. You might also be responsible for explaining technical concepts to some non-technical members of the organization. You can do this only when you have excellent communication skills.
Attention to details:
The complete business intelligence industry is highly detail-oriented. You will often be asked to work upon small fragments of information. You will be expected to turn this information into actionable insights. This requires an excellent forward-thinking vision. To complete all the tasks successfully it is very important to have close attention to details.
Good business acumen:
In order to thrive in a business intelligence career, you must possess excellent grasping abilities. This will help you understand your companies business model. You will also be able to derive Waze to tailor your efforts which result in gaining maximum value. It will also help in making strategic decisions that contributes in the continuous growth of the organization.