This Account Manager Job Description Template will help you in broadening your candidate reach. You can customize it according to your needs. It is readily available for posting on online job boards.
It channelizes your thoughts and makes your hiring process one step easier.
Job Brief :
We are looking for an Account Manager for our company who can actively manage all the accounts of our clients.
You will be responsible for building strong, long-term relations with potential clients as well as beneficial with the advisors. Work towards making the product capable of satisfying customer needs. You will also have to collect useful information from the sales department to facilitate internal departments.
To be a successful Account Manager you must be able to identify the industry trends and manage multiple tasks at one time efficiently.
- Build good relations with the clients, understand their problems, and make them understand your product value.
- Collaborate with the internal team member to achieve client satisfaction and ensure the fulfillment of their needs.
- Deal with contract negotiation with an aim to maximize profit.
- Gather more data and analyze it to understand more about customer behavior.
- Manage and maintain records regarding the accounts up-to-date.
- Be well-versed with the company’s services and products.
- Respond promptly to all customer problems and deliver solutions to their problem on time.
- Discuss the time to time progress of the initiatives with the stakeholders.
- Analyze every customer’s problems and identify the areas of improvement to enhance the buyer’s experience.
- Develop reports for the account status.
- Work closely with the sales department to identify new opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and other related fields.
- Proven experience as an Account Manager or in other related roles.
- Ability to manage, analyze large amounts of data, and derive values from it.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of CRM software like HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Outstanding multitasking abilities and a keen eye for details in all the accounting tasks.
- Ability to negotiate, listen, and convince.
- Extensive knowledge of the product and services of this field.
Account Manager Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for an Account Manager?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average an Account Manager on an entry-level earn about Rs 685K per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
What are the top skills needed to become a successful Account Manager ?
Top skills for an Account Manager are :
- Listening Skills: It is one of the most mentioned skills in the field of account management. Listening helps to understand better which results in better decision-making.
- Leadership Qualities: An Account Manager is responsible for building a strategic account plan. To do this successfully the candidate must have an inspiring personality along with a creative mind. This will encourage clients to take brave decisions.
- Collaborative Ability: To be a successful account manager you often have to collaborate with customers to make them participate in the whole procedure. This results in strengthen the relations with the customer and thereby increasing the sales.
- Analytical Business Knowledge: The ability to successfully understand the scenario and derive the solution for it comes with good business analytic knowledge.
- Good Communication skills: To maintain a healthy and strategic relationship with potential clients, communication skills are essential.