This Webmaster Job Description Template makes your hiring process easier. It helps you channelize your thoughts and make the right decision for your open position.
You can customize it according to your needs. This template is SEO optimized and is readily available for you to post on online job boards.
Job Brief :
We are looking for a Webmaster for our organization. The candidate is required to build a website according to the needs and requirements of the clients. You will also have to test the website for its compatibility over different platforms. Your focus should be to make the website user-friendly.
The ideal candidate must have a keen eye for details and excellent analytical skills. You must have the ability to make the website efficient and containing top-notch functional abilities.
- Understand the needs of the clients from the website.
- Build websites that have excellent functional ability and are user-friendly.
- Communicate with content writers, designers, and other management staff of the organization.
- Perform tests on the website to check its functional ability and its compatibility across different operating systems, browsers, etc.
- Identify issues on the website, debug, and fix the issues.
- Ensure website security and data protection by applying various firewalls, etc.
- Keep updating the website content as and when needed.
- Monitor the website’s performance and come up with ways to enhance user experience further.
- Give proper attention to customer comments and complaints.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related courses.
- Proven experience as a Webmaster or in other relevant roles.
- Well-versed with all the tools in the field of website development.
- Good troubleshooting skills, collaborating skills, and analytical mindset.
- Ability to come up with innovative ideas to solve various website related problems.
- Excellent organization skills, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of SEO.
Webmaster Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Webmaster?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on average a Webmaster on an entry-level earns about ₹423,000 per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
Which industries lookout for Webmaster?
- Corporate industries,
- Academic organizations,
- Government Agencies,
- Internet companies,
- Web Designing firms,
- Advertisement and Product Companies
are some industries that look out for Webmaster.
What are the top qualities needed to become a successful Webmaster?
- People Skills: A Webmaster needs good people skills to interact with people online. With the support of the host, you will have to communicate effectively with the clients. Also, with good people skills you can easily ask for and get the help you need in your work.
- Creativity: The website is one of the attractive points of an organization. So, you have to be creative and innovative to stay ahead in the market. Thus, a creative mindset is very important.
- Risk-taking ability: While being creative you might have to take risks. The risk and creativity might not give instant success but is important in the long run.
- Hard work and determination: The Webmaster has to work hard to achieve the goals of the organization. Shortcuts play no role in the Webmaster’s job. Even automation does not reduce the amount of hard work the candidate needs to put in to succeed.
- Persistence: There is a saying that “Don’t fear failure but rather fear not trying. “. So, in a realistic approach as a Webmaster, it is normal to suffer defeats at times. The only quality that will help you succeed in this case is persistence.
- Research skills: In this job, it is important for you to keep learning new things with every new project given to you. For completing every new project with utmost excellence being able to find the correct information needed, is crucial.