This is a well-rounded template of a UI/UX designer job description that gives you a complete outline of all the duties and responsibilities about the job. It can be used to attract the best candidates for the position in minimal time.
UX Design refers to the term User Experience Design, while UI Design stands for User Interface Design. The UI design and UX design are a collaborative process and both the designing teams tend to work closely together. User experience is all about how easy or difficult it is to interact with the user interface elements.
We are looking for a UI/UX designer who could help enhance the user experience of our product by making the user interface elements intuitive. You will be responsible for establishing meaningful collaboration & communication between the UI & UX teams to assure accordance in regard to design & development.
- Gather and analyze user requirements.
- Enhance the existing user interface design by using sitemaps, process flowcharts and storyboards.
- Determine the flow of the app, how all the buttons navigate through the tasks and efficiency of the information providing service of the interface.
- Illustrate and implement new design ideas.
- Apply attractive elements to make the web page more dynamic, vibrant and bright.
- Establish constant collaboration and communication between the UI and the UX team.
- Create a prototype and test new ideas before implementation.
- Present rough drafts to all the stakeholders and take their feedback.
- Make changes to the layout and other functionalities according to the user feedback.
- Test the final ideas for efficiency and intuitiveness before implementation.
- Brainstorm for user-friendly solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and other related courses.
- Proven experience in designing.
- An attractive portfolio representing your professional experience in UI/UX designing.
- Efficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe illustrator.
- Deep knowledge of wireframe tools and other designing tools.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain harmony amongst the teams.
- Understanding of setting priorities and multi-tasking abilities.
UI/UX Designer Job Description Template FAQs:
How can I widen my reach using this UI/UX Designer Job Description Template?
Posting this JD on various job boards such as Adzuna, DrJob and Jobsora can help you widen your reach for the best candidates. Using an Applicant Tracking System(ATS) is a proven way to hire better in the modern recruitment scenario.
Recooty is one such ATS and is awarded “The World’s Easiest Applicant Tracking System” for its groundbreaking user-friendliness and state-of-the-art UI. It allows you to post jobs across more than 20+ job boards on a single click.
How much salary are UI/UX Designers paid?
Although salaries are an active function of location and years of experience, a UI/UX Designer might cost anywhere between $59k and $128k.
Which productivity tools can help your UI/UX designers unleash their creativity?
Top productivity tools for UI/UX designers are –
What are some key points to look at when hiring a UX Designer?
- They should be good at explaining what they do and how something works.
- If you ever get a chance to see their anything, see their Sketch files. To know whether they execute tasks in a clear, scalable and rigorous way or not.
- Find out how curiously interesting do they find your company’s product.
- Watch their portfolio closely. To know what they did and how well they know it.
- Pay detailed attention to their toolbox and workflow.
- Discuss which digital product according to them has an outstanding interaction and why. It helps assess their design thinking.
- Discuss their hobbies and passion. It speaks volumes about their personality & attitude.
- Discuss with them what problems do they face while collaborating with other teams and how they go about solving it.