This Technical Architect Job Description Template gives a well-rounded description of this job. It can be used to attract the candidates best suited for your open position. It helps in channelizing your thoughts and makes the process one step easier.
This template is SEO optimized. You can customize it according to your needs and use it to post on online job boards.
We are looking for a Technical Architect for our organization. The candidate is required to upgrade create new technical architecture for our organization. In order to do so you will first have to understand the company’s present and future needs. You will also have to collaborate what is the development team discuss requirements. Overseeing The project implementation and performance of the system also comes under your responsibilities.
You must exhibit good understanding of IT solutions, enterprise networking system, etc.
Your ultimate goal will be to ensure the smooth sailing of the IT operations and infrastructure
- Determine the company‘s needs for present and future by collaborating with the IT managers.
- Evaluate the existing system to check the scope of improvement or up gradation.
- Sit with the software development teams to discuss the system requirements.
- Select the appropriate hardware or software for the system and suggest methods of integration.
- Come up with innovative, exclusive design and schematics ideas.
- Provide technical guidance, support to the team members and supervise the assigned programs.
- Contribute in solving technical issues by deriving effective solutions.
- Monitor the performance of the system and upgrade or install new system accordingly.
- Observe the performance of the upgraded system or the newly installed system.
- Formulate system procedures and provide training to the staff.
- Produce feedback before the organization after the installation of new system, hardware or software.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related courses.
- Probe and experience as a Technical Architect or another relevant roles.
- Good understanding of Enterprise systems, software integration and strategic IT solutions.
- Working experience with computer software, hardware and networking systems.
- Familiarity with coding languages like Java, operating systems like windows and databases.
- Advanced project management and Service oriented architecture(SOA) experience.
- Good managerial skills and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Technical Architect Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Technical Architect?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on average a Technical Architect on an entry-level earn about ₹2,228L per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites with a single click. You can do a quick Recooty sign up from here – Recooty
What are the top skills for Technical Architects?
- Problem-solving and anticipating skills: One of the major responsibilities of this role is to identify the areas where the problem might arise even before its occurrence. The candidate is required to identify the problems or the problematic areas in the IT system. You then have to derive an effective solution and ensure its proper implementation before the final release of the project. Problem-solving abilities and anticipating skills are therefore important.
- Good listening and communication skills: You often have to collaborate with the development team for discussing the system requirements. You need to develop good listening skills and understand the whole conversation with different departments. Explaining all the concepts to the technical team as well as the higher officials is also your responsibility. Thus, this skill plays a vital role.
- Ability to deal with pressure: this role includes a number of high-end responsibilities. You are always looked upon to derive results that contribute remarkably to the organization’s growth. You need to have good pressure handling ability to stand upon the expectations of the organization.
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize work: IT projects usually have strict and tight deadlines. Missing the deadline is never affordable for the organization. This makes time management the most important skill. Managing time or deadlines along with the number of tasks is not easy. This can be done only when you have the skill and understanding to prioritize work.
- Skill to build and maintain good relations: The ultimate goal for the candidate in this role is to ensure the smooth sailing of IT operations. To make this possible you need to have trust and understanding between the managers and the technical team. You can do this by taking care of the relationship building and maintenance within the organization.