This Systems Engineer Job Description Template gives a concise picture of the responsibilities and requirements of a Systems Engineer. It makes the hiring process easier by channelizing your thoughts. It helps you to make a wise choice for your open position. This template is SEO optimized. You can also customize it according to you needs and use it to post on online job boards.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer for our organization. The Candidate is supposed to set up a good network of computers and ensure its proper functioning. You are also supposed to take care of the system architecture. Troubleshooting and ensuring the implementation of best practices for the security of data is also your responsibility.
To be successful as a Systems Engineer you need to be a good listener, must have good verbal and written communication skills.
Your motive should be to ensure the availability of good infrastructure and performance of the complete system.
- Supervise and ensure the proper functioning of all systems and computing infrastructures.
- Perform installation, configuration, and testing of web applications and operating systems.
- Ensure the availability of high-level infrastructure and systems.
- Handle potential bottlenecks, come up with effective solutions and ensure their implementation.
- Ensure the implementation of best practices for data backup and security.
- Troubleshoot any technical issue that arises in between.
- Work with the IT department for the smooth functioning of the complete setup.
- Keep the stakeholders well updated about the advancement in the development process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related course.
- Proven experience as a Systems Engineer or other relevant roles.
- Working experience in installation, configuration, and troubleshoot.
- Acquaintance with the UNIX/Linux environment.
- Experience with monitoring systems, cloud services like AWS, administration, and performance tuning of applications like Apache and Tomcat.
- Familiarity with automation software.
- Good scripting and networking knowledge.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Systems Engineer Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a System Engineer?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a System Engineer on an entry-level earn about ₹420K per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click. A quick Recooty sign up could be done from here – Recooty.
What are the top qualities for a Systems Engineer?
- Patience: The candidate has to create complex computer networks and systems. With the increase in complexity of a network the duration to build the complete system also increases. By the end, the system must be error free. It should have top class performance. To do all of this efficiently patience is very important.
- Analytical mindset: You need to understand the complete system efficiently. Troubleshoot, identify potential bottlenecks and come up with potential solutions. So having analytical mind is important.
- Good organizational skills: As the engineer has to deal with a large amount of information organizational skills are important.
- Ability to see the small as well as the big picture:. You need to be detail oriented. Therefore, you must be able to see the small picture to all the details are accurately in place. At the end the overall system must have top class performance thus you must also be able to see the bigger picture.