This Software Tester job description template gives you a concise picture of the responsibilities and requirements of this job.
It can be readily used to post on online job boards and makes the hiring process easier and more effective.
Job Brief :
We are looking for a software tester for our company. We need them to help us maintain the quality standards of products on both design and working aspects.
The candidate will be responsible for conducting software tests, analyzing test results and producing test reports to the project team.
You will have to work closely with the clients to understand their needs and expectations from the product.
Analyzing the test results, detecting problems in the product and suggesting potential solutions for the problem will be your responsibility. You should have critical thinking capacity, good communication skills, time management skills and keen interest in maintaining quality standards of the product.
To do justice with this Software Tester job you should contribute effectively towards making the product more efficient and attractive.
- Working closely with the clients to understand their needs and requirements.
- Collaborate with the team members and describe the requirements to the team members.
- Preparing test schedules according to the client requirements.
- Executing software usability tests and all levels of tests.
- Analyze test results, detect bugs in the product functionalities, usability and database impact.
- Help resolve potential problems in the product.
- Give design suggestions and design reviews.
- Preparing reports on software testing and ensure the application of quality engineering principals.
Preparing reports on software testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science engineering and other related sources.
- Proven experience as a software tester.
- Profeciency in coding and programming.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and time management skills.
- Ability to give quality testing results in a fast paced manner.
- Multitasking abilities and data analysis experience.
Software Tester Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Software Tester?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a Software Tester on an entry-level earn about ₹366K per year in India.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
Which industries lookout for Software Tester?
Software Tester is one of the most sought after professionals in the job market.
- Education & E-Learning,
- Business Sector.
These are some industries that look out for Software Tester.
What are the top trends to lookout for in a Software Tester ?
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intenligence testing,
- Quality Assurance,
- Test Automation satisfying QA teams,
- Big Data
These are some top trend to lookout for in a Software Tester.