This Software Architect Job Description Template gives a brief description of all the sponsor abilities and requirements of this job. It helps in channelizing your thought process and makes hiring process one step easier. You can use it to attract high concentration of candidates best suited for your open position.
This template is SEO optimized. You can customize it according to your needs and use it to post on online job boards.
We are looking for a Software Architect for our organization. The candidate is supposed to handle software development for the organization. You first have to determine play software requirements and discuss it with the stakeholders. You have to keep in mind the big picture and create architectural designs for the software. It is your responsibility to formulate the high-level product specifications.
To become an ideal candidate you must exhibit strong technical skills, leadership qualities and organizational skills. You must have the creativity to come up with unique designing ideas.
Your ultimate goal will be to provide ideas and guide its implementation in order to drive quality IT solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine the functional and non-functional requirements of the software.
- Formulate high-level product specifications in accordance to the Complete software integration.
- Provide blueprint or prototype of the architecture of the software to all the developers.
- Convey all the concepts of development to the team efficiently.
- Decide the best development practices, technologies, workflow and coding standards to be used for development.
- Provide support and guidance to the development team throughout the development process.
- Oversee the development process keeping in mind the schedule and deadlines.
- Make sure the software adhere to the organization’s requirements with respect to quality, security, modify ability, etc.
- Check and approve the software for final launch.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or other related courses.
- Proven experience as a Software Architect or in other relevant roles.
- Complete knowledge of software development, project management and coding in languages like Java, .NET, etc..
- Complete knowledge of application and software design and architecture.
- Understanding of modelling methods like UML.
- Well versed with all the software quality assurance principles.
- Acquaintance with UI/UX designing.
- Good technical mindset and keen eye for details.
- Strong organizational and leadership qualities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Software Architect Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Software Architect?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a Software Architect on an entry-level earn about Rs. 1917L per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites with a single click. You can do a quick Recooty sign-up from here – Recooty.
What are the core duties of a Software Architect?
The core duties of a Software Architect are:
- Developing software solutions,
- Leading project development processes,
- Documenting project,
- Couching and Training the Development team.
What are the top skills every software architect must have?
Good communication skills:
Communication skills are the key skills required for any leadership position. In this role, you have to collaborate and discuss stuff with stakeholders and other members of the organization. You have to explain all the concepts needed for the development of a particular project clearly to the team members. You might also be required to explain technical staff to non-technical employees of the organization. IT documentation also comes under your responsibilities. Thus, good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
The candidate has to supervise the development process and coordinate the development teams. You have to make sure the final product needs the designing standards and fulfills the user requirements. Contemplating various software and user requirements is also a part of your responsibilities. To accomplish all these tasks successfully good leadership qualities play a vital role.
We know that the software industry is one of the most rapidly changing industries. You have to deal with new frameworks, new languages, new architectural patterns, etc. quite often. Being in a leadership position and the head of software development adapting to these changes very quickly is important.
Ability to prioritize work:
Again in all leadership positions, this skill is the most looked up four. You have to manage complete software development within given deadlines. There are multiple tasks involved in the development of software. Sometimes you even have to deal with more than one project at a time. So, The ability to prioritize work is highly important.
Problem solving abilities:
In all development management roles, you have to deal with new problems every day. It is your responsibility to come up with a prompt, effective, and creative solution. Thus, strong problem-solving skills are very much needed in this role.
Good organizational skills:
You are supposed to set the roadmap for the complete development of the software. You will have to often develop large-scale UML diagrams. To do all this in the best possible way you must have a systematic and organized thinking capacity. You also need to work in an organized way to avoid any mistakes from your side.
Strong technical skills:
This is quite an obvious skill for such a role. The most important part is, how quickly you are able to learn these technical skills. Something that is even more important is that you should be able to demonstrate the skills as well. You have to decide the final architectural design of the software and guide the team for development. To do this successfully and develop the best product for the organization strong technical skills are foremost.
Detailed and creative thinking skills:
In all development projects, there are a number of details that must be thought upon carefully. It requires proper attention to even my new details. In order to stand out in the market, you have to come up with new creative ideas for the software. You must be able to find alternative solutions for every new arising problem. These skills contribute remarkably to the development of top-class, high-quality software.
Ability to provide training and couching:
These skills come into the role when the development team is not efficient enough to derive the required results from the software. In such a situation you will have to train and coach the development team. Your ultimate goal is to develop software that meets the company’s quality standards. You guide the team for the development process. But the final goal cannot be achieved without an efficient team. Thus, training and coaching team to make them efficient is a difficult yet important task.
What are the essential hard skills required to become a software architect?
- UML (Unified Modeling Language) you have to lead the software development process. Managing the development processes and the staff is majorly your responsibility. You are therefore required to develop UML diagrams for the complete software architecture. This is one of the initial processes of software development.
- Acquaintance with Dev ops practices: You have to manage the software development processes in a collaborative and agile manner. This needs a good understanding of Dev ops development practices. You have to create an efficient Dev ops environment for the alignment of development processes and operational teams.