This Senior Product Manager Job description Template gives you an outline of the main duties and responsibilities of this job. It can be used to streamline the selection process and receive a high concentration of applicants who are the best suitable for this position.
It is SEO optimized. You can customize it and use it to post on online job boards.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager for our organization. The candidate is supposed to understand the company’s goals and work towards achieving these goals. You must be able to understand the product vision. Your aim should be to build strategies to develop A top class product with proper implementation. In order to develop a top class product you must consider all the feedbacks of the customers stakeholders as well as the team members. To achieve this successfully you will have to Be in touch with the clients to understand their requirements. You will have to delegate duties to the team member as per their expertise. Formulating the budget for the project allocating resources also come under your responsibilities. You will have to keep in mind that the development procedure of the project is in line.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for the complete development of the project.
You must have good communication skills as well as creative skills. You should suggest ideas to upgrade the product creatively and functionally. At the end you must maintain proper documents of the complete development process.
- Understand the product and the company’s vision.
- Develop efficient product strategies and take care of its proper implementation.
- Work closely with the clients to understand them.
- Take care of the complete development of the project.
- Delegate duties to the team members, keeping in mind the skills of every individual.
- Allocate resources and formulate budget for the project.
- Form proper plan, schedule and roadmap for project development.
- Adjust the schedule of as per needed.
- Make sure that the development of the project is inline with the schedule and the user requirements.
- Work with the designing team and build prototype.
- Collect and consider all the feedbacks of customers, stakeholders as well as the team members.
- Prepare proper documents and recheck it towards the end.
- Take care of the timely deployment of the project.
- Come up with ideas to take the product creatively higher.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another related field.
- Proven experience as a Senior Product Manager or in other relevant roles.
- Complete knowledge of software development.
- Good Project management skills.
- Understanding of Agile development techniques and Agile frameworks.
- Ability to deal with real-time issues.
- Excellent analytical skills, time management skills, and organizational skills.
- Creative and detail-oriented mentality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Senior Product Manager Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Senior Product Manager?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a Senior Product Manager on an entry-level earn about ₹1,080K per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click. A quick Recooty sign up could be done from here – Recooty
What are the top skills for a Senior Product Manager?
Top skills for a Senior Product Manager are:
- Good teamwork spirit: You often have to collaborate with different development teams and other engineers to brainstorm and decide the final design of the product. This can be achieved only with a good teamwork spirit. Thus, this is an important skill.
- Creative mindset and good thinking ability: You often have to design prototypes and come up with unique ideas to stay at the top in the market. It requires lots of creativity to identify the right material and the best development practices making a product that will benefit the organization. Thus, these skills play a vital role in this job profile.
- Good verbal and written communication skills: Good communication skills are important to accommodate different relationships adequately. Senior product engineers often have to communicate with departments, cooperate, executives, etc. Verbal and written communication skills do become important for this position.
- Mathematical mind: Good mathematical mind helps you to determine the correct size of the prototype and the proper parts needed for the efficient functioning of the product. The candidate should be skilled in mathematics specifically calculus, linear algebra, and statistics.
- Prototype software development skill: Proficiency in prototype software development is an important skill for all Product Managers. They have to design 3D images, design blueprints before the construction of the actual product.