This Senior Network Engineer Job Description Template can be used to streamline the selection process and receive a high concentration of best-suited applicants. It is SEO optimized. You can customize it and use it to post on online job boards.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer for our organization. The Candidate is supposed to develop an excellent functional and secure network for the organization. The task of installing and configuring the network device also comes under your responsibilities. You will provide support and guidance to your juniors in the networking department. You will handle the issues that may arise in the network and troubleshoot these issues.
To be successful as a Senior Network Engineer you must have inspiring leadership qualities and managerial skills. You will have to delegate tasks to the junior staff and monitor the functional behavior of the network constantly.
Ultimately, your goal will be to establish a network that is secure and caters to the needs of the customers.
- Establish a good functional company network by coordinating with the network architects.
- Install and configure all the network devices.
- Build effective security measures and ensure their implementation.
- Keep observing the Junior staff in the Networking department.
- Manage and monitor the performance of the network by performing various tests.
- Determine solutions for the arising network support issues by troubleshooting local infrastructure and cloud.
- Assign tasks to the juniors regarding the maintenance of the network.
- Interact with the users as and when needed.
- Create and maintain proper documents defining the network status.
- Work on automation of various tasks and check its effectiveness.
- Come up with various new suggestions for the improvement in the performance of the network.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related courses.
- Proven experience as a Senior Network Engineer or other relevant roles.
- Professional certifications like CCNP, CCDP, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of the communication and routing protocols.
- Good knowledge of Cisco, JUNOS, and other network operating systems.
- Acquaintance with all access control models.
- Working knowledge of coding languages like Python, Perl, etc. for scripting.
- Working experience with network analysis tools such as SolarWinds network tools.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Excellent troubleshooting or problem-solving skills.
- Good organization skills, monitoring skills, and leadership skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Senior Network Engineer Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Senior Network Engineer?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a Senior Network Engineer on an entry-level earn about Rs. 500,000 in India and $88,000 in the US per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click. A quick Recooty sign up could be done from here – Recooty.