This Sales Representative Job description template gives you an outline of the key duties and requirements of this job. It can be used to attract the applicants closely matching skill set requirements for this position.
Job Brief :
We are looking for a Sales Representative for our company who can help us meet our sales goals.
You will ensure the smooth working of the sales process and maximize the sales of the company products. To do the following you will have to convince the customers to buy your product and services.
You should look presentable and have very convincing communication skills as you have to work closely with the clients. Understand the needs and requirements of the clients is your duty. You are required to be aware of all the rules, regulations, policies and company best practices.
Your ultimate motive being a Sales representative should be to generate as well as maintain sales lead and promote maximum sales of product.
- Convince customers to sell products and services.
- Coordinate with other members of the organization to determine the organization goals.
- Contribute in determining the pricing schedules for promotions, quotes and negotiation.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to a set of potential clients.
- Evaluate needs of the potential clients and explain them clearly to all the team members.
- Collect deposits and balance of payment from clients.
- Set sales goals and make proper schedules to achieve the goals.
- Maintain client records, take continuous feedback, consider all feedbacks and ensure improvements accordingly.
- Respond to client’s queries regarding products, prices, credit terms and availability.
- Generate weekly, monthly reports and thereby monitor the company’s sales progress.
- Make sure you adhere to the best practices and promotion strategies.
- Evaluate market’s potential of the product and status reports.
- Build and maintain good business and customer relations.
- Explain terms, conditions, and policies of the organization clearly to the customers through cold calling.
- Tackle customer complaints positively and resolve them actively on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, and other related sources.
- Proven experience in sales.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good selling, convincing, management and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with sales processes and dynamics.
- Good computer skills.
- Profeciency in Microsoft applications like word, excel, office, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced manner.
- Exceptional problem solving skills, customer service skills and networking skills.
Sales Representative Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Sales Representative ?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a Sales Representative on an entry-level earn about ₹435K per year in India.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
Which industries lookout for Sales Representative?
Sales Representatives is one of the most sought after professional programmers in the job market.
- Technology and software,
- Cyber security,
- Software as a Service
- Big Data, Machine Learning,
- Medical Devices,
are some industries that look out for Sales Representative.
What are some keys to succeed as a Sales Representative?
Some keys to succeed as a Sales Representative are :
- Identifying the exact goals of the Company.,
- Each step measurement,
- Identifying Potential Clients,
- Team player,
- Handle call reviews,
- Follow the guidance and practices of peers,
- Pay attention to personal development.
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Recooty can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.