This Sales Associate Job Description is customizable and ready to post on various online job boards. It can help you identify the most suitable sales associate for your open position who handles all your sales activities efficiently.
Job Brief :
We are looking for a Sales Associate who can handle all the sales activities, upgrade the customer service experience & contribute to the company’s growth.
The candidate should be capable of convincing customers in a very charming way and ensure good customer service. They will be responsible for resolving any customer related problems, ensure customer acceptance of the product, and their satisfaction.
They are required to stay updated about all the features and offers on products & should be capable of communicating the same to the customers.
To do justice with the Sales Associate job you should be able to achieve all sales goals with good customer service and response.
- Ensure the delivery of good customer service by understanding customer needs.
- Assist customers in the store and as well as over the phone.
- Suggest better buying options for customers.
- Solve customer queries in a polite yet professional manner.
- Provide full information on the features of each product to the customer.
- Enlighten customers about all the new offers and advertisements.
- Maintain & manage the cash registers, customer payments, and issue receipts.
- Insure stamps and price tags on merchandise.
- Set daily sales goals and coordinate with the team to achieve those goals.
- Ensure proper availability of the stock and organized sales area.
- Reach out to each and every customer in the store actively.
- Deal with POS (Point of Sale) services.
- Develop good relations with the customers of trust and belief.
- Adhere to an inventory control procedure.
- Constantly suggest ways to improve sales of the store.
- Proven Experience as a Sales associate.
- High school diploma and bachelor’s degree in related courses.
- Extraordinary verbal communication skills.
- Professional minds set with a tendency of dealing with customers in a very polite manner.
- Complete knowledge of the features of the products and all new offers on the products.
- Good market knowledge and understanding of sales principles and good customer service exercises.
- Multi-tasking abilities and alertness for attending each customer properly.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and friendly in nature with good math skills.
- Experience in dealing with POS transactions.
- Ability to work quickly under pressure.
Sales Associate Job FAQs :
How much are Sales Associates paid?
An average Sales Associate makes about $37k/month in the US. An experienced candidate might expect as much as $87k/month at the highest.
How to use this Sales Associate Job Description to drive the best results?
This job description can be posted to various job boards such as Neuvoo, Indeed & Jooble which will help you achieve the best results. A smarter way is to use an Applicant Tracking System which posts jobs on multiple job boards on a go. An ATS like Recooty helps you post your jobs to more than 20+ job boards at one go.
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Recooty can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.