This Project Manager job description gives you a well-rounded outline of the duties and responsibilities of this job. It makes your work one step easier by attracting the most qualified candidates for your open position.
Job Brief :
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who can efficiently manage our company’s ongoing projects. The candidate will work closely with the higher officials and oversee the planning, procurement, and execution of ongoing projects.
Your responsibilities will include team building, team motivation, project module division and supervision of working of the project. You should be able to handle the project in a way that reduces the risk of overall failure, maximizes benefits, and minimizes costs.
You will have to coordinate and communicate with other team members to make sure that the following things are on track –
- Project Plans
- Progress Schedule
- Resource Estimation
- Risk Assessment
- Build an efficient team with hard-working and supportive team members.
- Determine project objectives and develop project plans accordingly.
- Describe the project and its objectives clearly to all the team members.
- Motivate team members to achieve their goals and resolve any conflict that arises within the team.
- Divide modules, regulate schedule and set deadlines for the project.
- Manage the project schedule work allotment.
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve the objectives and prepare the budget of the project accordingly.
- Generate proper progress reports with all the relevant information about the project and keep updating the higher officials as well as the stakeholders.
- Conduct proper project communication plans to keep all the team members updated about the changes in the project plan if any.
- Compute project performance, do a risk assessment of the project and see that they adhere to the quality standards.
- Suggest improvements in the project and ensure their implementation.
- Regulate the development of training materials, user manuals, etc needed for successful implementation of the process.
- Ensure customer acceptance and satisfaction of the project.
- Manage to keep good relations with the stakeholders for further projects.
- Administer the proper deployment of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Proven experience in project management and project management certification.
- Good analytical and organizational skills to delegate tasks and perform all the duties effectively.
- Leadership qualities and conflict solving capabilities.
- Understanding of management methodologies, project management tools, and industry best practices.
- Great time management skills to be able to accomplish tasks within a deadline.
- Ability to manage budget and resources in an effective way.
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills.
Project Manager Job Description FAQs:
How is this Project Manager Job Description Template going to help me reach more applicants?
To achieve the best results one can post this JD on various job boards such as Jobsora, DrJob, and CareerJet. There are other smarter techniques such as using an Applicant Tracking System(ATS) for better results. Recooty is amongst top ATS software that allows posting jobs to more than 20+ job sites within a single submission.
How much are Project Managers paid?
Although salaries are a function of location and years of experience, a Project Manager might cost anywhere between $46k and $107k.
Which industries require Project Management Professionals?
Top industries keeping an eye out for Project Managers are –
- Information Technology
How does the talent bucket of an Experienced Project Manager look like?
An experienced Project Management Professional is skilled with –
- Benefits Realization management
- Earned Value management
- Process-based management
- Product-based planning
- Project Production Management
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Recooty can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.