In this article, learn about the key prerequisites, duties, responsibilities, and skills to create an engaging Paraprofessional Job Description. Also, you can use our free Paraprofessional Job Description Template and start finding the perfect candidate right away!
What is a Paraprofessional?
A Paraprofessional, also known as a Teaching Assistant, assists Teachers in teaching, scheduling programs, putting curriculum into action, and keeping a neat environment for students.
They are responsible for helping with behavior management during lessons, keeping track of a student’s grade and behavior, and setting up classroom materials before the class starts. Apart from these duties, paraprofessionals take attendance, collect homework, and give assignments to students.
Paraprofessional Job Description Template:
We are in search of a qualified Paraprofessional to join us and assist teachers in classroom management and organization. As a paraprofessional at [Company Name], you will be responsible for providing a top-notch learning environment to our students by working closely with our teaching staff and providing support for the same.
Your duties will include assisting students (individually or in groups) with their lesson plans and materials, helping them with educational activities (like reading, writing, math, and more), grading homework, and preparing progress reports.
The perfect candidate should demonstrate commitment to every student’s success through their caring and compassionate approach.
- Ready to classroom to foster a safe and organized learning environment.
- Assist teachers in preparing instructional materials and modifying them to fulfill the distinctive needs of a child.
- Work one-on-one or with groups of students who require extra support.
- Successfully manage students by utilizing different techniques.
- Assist with administrative tasks like record-keeping and grading.
- Help students with various personal and physical care assistance.
- Support students with special needs by following individualized education plans.
- Deliver basic caregiving, support, and encouragement in all development aspects of students.
- Maintain a distraction and disruption-free environment.
- Perform clerical duties like photocopying, typing, filing, tracking student attendance, and grading tests and homework.
- Assist in extracurricular activities.
- Communicate with parents regarding student progress.
- Attend professional development and training sessions.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Relevant coursework or certification in education or child development is a plus.
- Experience in assisting teachers in the classroom is preferred.
- Familiarity with fundamental principles of childhood development.
- Understanding of digital educational platforms.
- Patience and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability to diverse classroom situations.
- Strong communication skills.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What does a Paraprofessional do?
A Paraprofessional assists teachers in different tasks, such as providing classroom support and helping students with special needs.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Paraprofessional?
The duties of a Paraprofessional include aiding teachers, providing student assistance, and supporting classroom management to create an effective learning environment.
What makes a good Paraprofessional?
A strong Paraprofessional has patience, empathy, adaptability, and teamwork skills to assist students and educators in the best way possible.
Who does a Paraprofessional work with?
Paraprofessionals closely work with teachers, students, and sometimes parents to improve the educational experience.