This Office Manager job description makes the hiring process easier by giving you a template to post on career pages or online job boards. You can customize this template to attract qualified candidates for your company.
We are looking for an Office Manager for our company, who can manage the office services with an aim to improve efficiency and productivity.
Your duties will involve planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling office activities with a perspective to achieve business objectives. You will oversee the diverse set of administrative work, manage office supplies, schedule appointments, meetings and go through the important filling procedure. Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and other office software such as email tools and databases can help you excel as an Office Manager.
To become the perfect candidate, you should be able to maintain a positive work environment and efficiently manage all day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Supervise fundamental office operations and compute the duties of employees.
- Schedule appointments, office meetings and coordinate with all departments.
- Maintain a positive work environment and ensure the smooth functioning of the office.
- Oversee the work of technical specialists.
- Handling paperwork or filing for a specific department.
- Recording frequent problems and researching potential solutions.
- Oversee payroll expenses and send invoices.
- Ensure that the systems operate cohesively.
- Set up office layout, order office equipment and arrange necessary repairs in the office.
- Serve and greet visitors and clients.
- Answer phone calls and redirect them.
- Create presentations, produce and manage reports.
- Manage office trips, including commuting and hotel reservations.
- High School diploma, a degree in related courses and other additional qualifications would be a plus point.
- Proven experience as an Office Manager.
- Acquaintance with email scheduling tools like Boomerang.
- Expertise in MS Office, MS Excel, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of working of office machines like printers, scanners, etc.
- Excellent time management skills, strong planning skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to use available resources to its optimum level.
- Computer systems troubleshooting skills will be advantageous.
- An ability to suggest improvements in various sectors of the organization.
- Problem-solving capacity.
- Extra-ordinary verbal communication skills.
- An inclination towards setting a standard in the market.
Office Manager Job FAQs:
Where to post this Office Manager Job Description to attract more talent for my company?
Posting this JD on various job boards such as CareerJet, Jooble, Jora and many others can help you attract quality talent. Yet, using an Applicant Tracking System is always a better option. Recooty is an ATS that helps you post job openings to more than 20+ job sites with one click.
What do Office Managers have to do in general?
Office managers are required to manage a team of administrative or support staff. Responsibilities typically range from organizing meetings to managing databases. They take care of the implementation and maintenance of procedures/office administrative systems.
How much salary does an Office Manager expect from their employer?
Office Manager on average takes around $78,739 for salary in the United States. The range falls between $67,026 and $91,117.
Which industries need Office Managers?
Almost every single industry under the sun requires Office Managers for smooth administrative functioning.