This IT Operations Manager Job Description template gives you a clear picture of the duties and requirements of an IT Operations Manager. It is an optimized template and can also be customized according to your needs to post on online job boards.
We are looking for an IT Operations Manager for our company to join our inspiring leadership team.The Candidate will be responsible for making strong IT policies, its proper implementation and execution. You will have to take strategic decisions regarding the IT department, keeping in mind the welfare of the organization. To succeed in this position you must also keep a check on the performance of the system and suggest improvements if needed. You are supposed to keep the workspace positive, safe and healthy. You should encourage good IT culture and best business practices.To become an ideal candidate you should have extensive knowledge of the system security, IT operation management system and network administration. Prior experience in leadership or management roles along with the ability to deal with multiple projects at one time would be a plus point.
- Maintain the company’s local servers and networks.
- Provide encouraging and inspiring leadership in the company.
- Look after the security of the system by keeping a check on user authentication and authorization.
- Take care of the security of the data by keeping a check of the firewalls.
- Take care of the updates, installation and configuration of the software and hardware.
- Inspect the performance of the system and give suggestions for improvement, if any.
- Make sure that all the issues raised by the engineers and technicians are resolved.
- Ensure that all the data handling, processing and transferring operations adhere to the company’s guidelines as well as the legal guidelines.
- Help the stakeholders by supporting and guiding them via the help desk.
- Administer the budget and costs of the IT systems.
- Supervise the reporting, auditing and planning operations.
- Manage the company’s contracts with vendors like password managers, telecommunication companies, etc.
- Ensure that all the legal documents are filed properly, satisfying all the legal needs and requirements.
- Encourage good business practices and develop strong IT operational policies.
- Work closely with the board of directors to determine the long-term and short-term goals.
- Evolve partnerships and alliances with different organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Operation management or other related fields.
- Working experience in IT Operation Management or other related leadership roles.
- Good understanding of network administration system and cloud computing.
- Working experience with system update, installation and configuration.
- Ability to keep the workspace positive and safe.
- Extensive knowledge of data protection operations such as GDPR.
- Ability to deal with customer complaints.
- Good time management and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamwork spirit as well as the ability to do the work individually according to the need of the situation.
- The capability of handling multiple tasks at one time and yet giving excellent results.
- A keen eye for the details of all the operations.
IT Operations Manager Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for an IT Operations Manager?
Although, salaries depend upon location and years of experience involved. But the national average salary for IT Operations Manager is ₹1,121,217 per year in India and $95,521 per year`in US.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
Name some top fields for IT Operations manager?
Some top fields for an IT OPerations Manager are :
- Finance and Insurance,
- Data Processing,
- Education & E-Learning.
What are some major key points an IT Operations Manager has to keep in mind?
- Impact of automation.
- IT Operations transparency.
- Realistic Budget
- Regular improvement of product.
- Process efficiency.
- Efficient use of resources/No wastage of resources.
- Time management of Development and Manufacturing.
- Technology and Tools.
- Quality Improvement.
- Customer needs and feedback.
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Recooty can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.