This IT Manager Job Description Template is a compilation of all the responsibilities and requirements of this job. It streamlines the selection process and receive a high concentration of applicants the best suitable for this position.
This template is SEO optimized. You can customize it and use it to post online job boards.
We are looking for an IT Manager for our organization. The candidate is required to take care of the IT infrastructure, computer hardware and software. You will have to plan and administer all the IT activities and make sure they adhere to the rules and regulations. You will also have to take care of the budget and time constraints.
To become an ideal candidate you must Have complete knowledge of IT operations, management and industry best practices.
Your ultimate goal will be to work towards the smooth sailing of all the IT operations.
- Manage IT systems and computer systems.
- Plan IT and electronic data operations, supervise and control them.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting employees, training them, communicating job expectations and observe their performance stop
- Formulate IT policies and procedures and take care of its proper implementation.
- Oversee hardware, software and operating system daily operations.
- Take care of data security, network access and system backup.
- Manage installation, up gradation and maintenance of software’s and other technological components.
- Purchasing and replacing hardware software devices keeping in mind its performance.
- Work towards fulfilling all needs and functional specifications of the users from the system.
- Testing the functioning of the IT systems, resolving any issues that arise and modifying them.
- Identify problematic areas and technological risks within the system and come up with effective solution.
- Develop an efficient disaster recovery plans and backup procedure.
- Ensure that all the IT activities adhere to the applicable rules and regulations.
- Stay well updated about the technological advancements and industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or other related courses
- Proven experience as an IT manager or in other relevant roles.
- Complete knowledge of information technology management system, computer hardware and software.
- Good understanding of data management, security and governance.
- Working experience with computer networks, its installation and administration.
- Ability to manage IT services and infrastructure.
- Leadership qualities and good management skills.
- Ability to manage time, handle workload and prioritize tasks.
- Problem solving skills and analytical mindset.
IT Manager Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for an IT Manager?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average an IT Manager on an entry-level earn about Rs. 1293K per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click. A quick Recooty sign up could be done from here – Recooty.
Which industries lookout for IT Manager?
IT Manager is one of the most sought after professional programmers in the job market.
- Air Travels,
- Financial Services,
are some industries that look out for IT Manager.