This Database Developer Job Description template is customizable. It can be used to effectively attract the most qualified candidates to your open position.
This template gives you a clear picture of a roles and requirements of a Database Developer. It makes your hiring process one step easier.
We are looking for an excellent Database Developer for our organization. The candidate is supposed to design good database frameworks according to the storage and functional needs.
Firstly, you are supposed to develop sufficiently large databases catering to the storage needs of the organization. Secondly, the database must have high-class performance and all the required functionalities. It should thus give the right results as needed. Performing tests to check the retrieval of data for the users is correct and easy, also comes under your responsibilities. Keep updating the database functionalities as per the needs.
You will have to collaborate with the development team and most importantly, take care of the system consistency. You will also have to provide technical support to the clients as well as the administrators.
In conclusion, you are required to have excellent analytical skills, organizational skills, communication skills and troubleshooting abilities.
- Gather all the information and the sources of information needed to build the database.
- Design reliable databases frameworks according to the storage and functional needs.
- Configure the database in a way that it can combat attacks and avoid data loss in any situation.
- Perform various test to check the performance and output of the intended functions.
- Collaborate with the developers and modify the database as per the requirement.
- Solve the issues, errors and malfunctions in the database.
- Develop data dictionaries conforming the tasks or functions intended to the database.
- Create and maintain proper technical documents consisting of all the essential guideline or information about database.
- Make sure that the database functions lease to the company’s requirements and performance standards.
- Keep researching and come up with new database services and products aiming for the growth of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in other related courses.
- Proven experience as a Database Developer or any other relevant role.
- Good understanding of data management and functions related to it.
- Working experience and good portfolio consisting of you good previous work.
- Good hand in languages like C++, Java, SQL, etc.
- Acquaintance with.NET Frameworks, Oracle, etc.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and critical thinking capacity.
- Excellent organization skills and analytical skills.
Database Developer Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Database Developer?
However, salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on average a Database Developer on an entry-level earn about ₹582K per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you a better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites with a single click. A quick Recooty sign-up could be done from here – Recooty.