This Database Administrator Job Description Template gives a well-rounded description of the responsibilities and requirements of this job. It channelizes your thoughts, streamlines the selection process, and makes it one step easier.
This template is SEO optimized. You can customize it according to your needs and use it to post on online job boards.
We are looking for a Database Administrator for our organization. The candidate must take care of the smooth sailing of database operations. You are supposed to design and develop database systems and ensure their quality available to the users.
Having complete knowledge of the whole database that is under your administration is important. You should be the first one to respond to any error that gets reported by the user.
Your ultimate goal will be to ensure the proper flow of information throughout the company keeping in mind its security.
- Design and developed database systems according to the needs of the end-users.
- Take care of the availability and quality of the developed database keeping in mind the specialized roles of the end-users.
- Define end users and make sure that data Is accessible in the right format, to the right users at the proper time.
- Make sure quick action is taken in response to the errors reported by the users.
- Protect the database from unauthorized access and attacks.
- Use adequate data backup and transaction recovery techniques.
- Provide support and train the users for proactively managing data.
- Keep analyzing the performance by performing tests and report it on metrics.
- Come up with new ways for protecting and improving the database system as per the requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related courses.
- Proven experience as a Database Administrator or in other relevant rules.
- Complete knowledge of data recovery, back up and security.
- Familiarity with database designing and manipulation language is like MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Working experience with database administration tools and other third-party tools needed.
- Good problem-solving ability and analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organization skills and reliable personality.
Database Administrator Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Database Administrator?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on average a Database Administrator on an entry-level earn about Rs.779K per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter, indeed, Monster and CareerJet can help get you better reach. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites with a single click. You can do a quick Recooty sign-up from here – Recooty.
What are the industries that lookup for Database Administrators?
- Financial organizations: in the finance industry, there is a need to secure the data and protect it from unauthorized access. Checking the integrity of data and backing up data in case of power failures or other natural disasters is also a big task. All this is done by a database administrator.
- IT and Software companies: in this industry monitoring and improving the formats of the company’s database is an important responsibility. Checking the integrity of data is another major task. Secure and optimal storage of data also comes under your duties.
- Hospitals: In this industry, the candidate has to ensure the implementation of policies and procedures on the databases. This is done to maintain the security and integrity of the data. You also need to take care of the availability of data and its recovery.
- Central government organizations: keeping the government data security is the main duty of the candidate in central government organizations. Another top responsibility is to maintain the integrity of data.
- Academic institutions: In academic institutions, the candidate has to formulate solid policies and procedures for the backup and recovery of the student data.
- Various other organizations deal with the storage of a large amount of information.
What are the key skills for a Database Administrator?
The key skills for this role are:
- Logical and analytical mindset: Identifying and fulfilling the data management needs of the organization is the main responsibility of this role. To do so it is important for you to logically understand the data and systematically analyze it. You also have to perform updated analysis on the existing databases. Thus, an analytical and logical mindset is important to become an ideal candidate.
- Focus on business: Every organization prefers candidates who take up steps towards improving the organization’s business. To do so you are required to understand the organization’s business needs. Then make cost-effective decisions Four data storage, analysis, maintenance, and security. Good technical and business knowledge is always a plus point in this role.
- Problem-solving abilities: in this role you have to deal with new problems on daily basis. The ability to perform tests, identify issues, and comes with effective solutions is extremely valuable. Creativity also plays a vital role as you have to come up with new solutions for new problems every day.
- Verbal and written communication skills: You have to supervise the IT staff. The IT department looks up to you as a leader. You also have to communicate with the higher officials, management team, suppliers, and other professionals within the organization. Good communication ability in such a position becomes a valuable skill.
- Good organizational skills: organizational skills have a huge impact on the storage and maintenance of data in a database. In order to make quick and effective database decisions as well as reports, the skill is very important. This skill is important also for managing the IT department tasks and staff.