This Data Architect Job Description Template is a well-rounded description of the requirements and responsibilities of this job. You can use it to attract the most suited candidates for your open position. It helps you in channelizing your thought process and makes the selection process one step easier.
This template is SEO optimized. You can customize it according to your needs and use it to post on online job boards.
We are looking for a Data Architect for an organization. The candidate is appointed Two design and implements database solutions. With this, you have to take care of the storage and retrieval of company data. Overseeing the company‘s logical and conceptual data systems is also your responsibility. You might also be required to create proper reports and produce them in front of the management teams.
You must have complete knowledge of data visualization techniques and addiction analysis. The ability to use relevant tools used within the organization is always a plus point. Working experience with SQL and Oracle is also important.
Your ultimate goal will be to take care of storage security and back up of company data by developing effective database solutions.
- Develop and implement database solutions to store and retrieve company data.
- Install and configure data system two understand the functionality.
- Identify database structural requirements and studies for software as well as applications.
- Make sure the database operations and procedure comply with the internal, external rules and regulations.
- Construct logical and conceptual data models, flowcharts.
- Take care of the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Perform regular tests to monitor the system performance.
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise and work on integrating the new features.
- Formulate data backup and security procedures.
- Come up with effective ways to improve the new and existing database system.
- Train and support staff members.
- Collaborate with the data science department to determine the needs and requirements for the present and future.
- Provide support for information management and respond promptly to the arising problems.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or other related courses.
- Proven experience as a Data Architect or in other relevant roles.
- Ability to assess and analyze system requirements.
- Strong knowledge of data mining, database structure system, and segmentation techniques.
- Expertise in SQL and Oracle.
- Ability to work with data visualization tools.
- Organization skills and analytical mindset.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Data Architect Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Data Architect?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a Data Architect on an entry-level earn about Rs. 500,000 in India and $88,000 in the US per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click. A quick Recooty sign up could be done from here – Recooty.
What are top characteristics of a modern data architect?
- Customer-centric nature: earlier data art architect who required to focus on data extraction, transformation, and presentation. Now, in order to build a modern data architecture, you are required to start with business users. You have to understand the requirements and then work accordingly. The customer can be an internal one or external to the organization. Thus, the requirements vary from time to time. You will have to build a data architecture that evolves continuously to meet the ever-changing needs of the customers.
- Adaptable nature: The data flow in modern data architecture is very fast from source systems to business users. Your aim is to manage that flow by creating interconnected data pipelines to serve various business needs. These data objects are like building blocks that are continuously reused and replenished. You have to ensure the steady flow of high-quality data to the business.
- Smart work skills: Just automating the data system or architecture is not enough for smart working. The data architecture must use machine learning and artificial intelligence to build data objects and models that keep data flowing. This will result in building better results for the organization. Now it is your responsibility to make the system so efficient.
- Flexible nature: Every organization needs a data architecture that is flexible enough to support multiple business tasks. And to develop a data structure that is flexible, you need to be highly flexible in your work.