This Data Analyst job description is a collection of all the essentials required to become a data analyst. It is customizable and ready to be posted on job boards. You can use it to attract qualified candidates and hire the best-suited employees in minimum time.
Job brief :
We are looking for a Data Analyst who can use his/her skills & tools to provide competitive analysis and identify trends within the industries. Major duties involve collecting information about specific topics, interpreting, analyzing, and presenting findings in the form of comprehensive reports. You will be responsible for the improvement of our company’s decision-making ability, especially regarding business. To do justice with this highly in-demand data analyst job, you are expected to possess proven experience as a data analyst. As well as the essential skills required in this field and acquaintance with the industry’s best practices. You should have the basic qualification needed to become a data analyst as mentioned below.
- Determining organizational goals.
- Mining data from different sources.
- Managing master data by creating, updating, cleaning, and trimming data.
- Grant technical expertise on cleaning, trimming, and storage of data.
- Analyze and interpret results.
- Identify trends, correlation, and patterns in complicated data.
- Present findings and concise data reports which include management of data sources, security, and metadata.
- Design relational databases and data systems.
- Work with higher officials and the management teams to set up business and information needs.
- Come up with new process improvement opportunities.
- Promoting data integrity and normalization.
- Pay attention to the confidentiality of the data.
- Evaluating changes and updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and other related courses.
- Proven work experience as a data analyst.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good interaction with the higher officials and colleagues.
- Ability to handle large data sets and relational databases.
- Good communication skills which include the ability to speak clearly and be able to communicate complex ideas into an easily understandable form.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Great attention to details for the desired accuracy.
- Statistical and Mathematical knowledge.
- Acquaintance with technical tools in the industry.
Data Analyst Job Description FAQs :
How can I use this Data Analyst Job Description to get more applicants?
You can use this job description for posting on various job boards such as Google For Jobs, Indeed, Facebook for jobs, and many more. Whereas an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! Post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
What is the salary of a typical Data Analyst?
The range falls somewhere between $296k/year and $1005k/year. Yet, a Data Analyst might expect $503/year(on an average) in the United States as their salary.
What are several data analysis techniques?
Based on business and technology there are following types of data analysis techniques :
- Text Analysis
- Statistical Analysis
- Diagnostic Analysis
- Predictive Analysis
- Prescriptive Analysis
But what is Data Analysis, really?
Data Analysis Process is basically information gathering by using proper tools that allow us to explore the data and find a pattern in it. It immensely helps businesses make better decisions and reach ultimate conclusions. The process involves the following phases :
- Requirement Gathering
- Data Collection
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
How is data analytics used in business?
Data analytics is used in business to help organizations make better business decisions. Whether it’s market research, positioning, customer reviews, product research, sentiment analysis, or any other issue for which data exists.
Data analysis provides insights that organizations can leverage while making the right choices. Data analytics leads to data-driven choices and data-driven choices are the only way to stay truly confident about business decisions.
There a few successful business stories which were created on a hunch, but almost all successful business choices are data-based but anything else. In a world full of uncertainty, there is a dire need for data-based business decisions than ever.