This Cyber Security Specialist Job Description Template is readily available for you to post on online job boards. You can also customize it according to your need.
This is a compilation of all the responsibilities and requirements of Cybersecurity specialist. It makes you hiring process easier by channelizing your thoughts. It broadens you candidate reach and helps you to make a wise choice for your open position.
Job Brief :
We are looking for a Cyber Security Specialist for our organization. The Candidate must be passionate about deriving original solutions to prevent cyberattacks. You will have to constantly monitor cyber activities on the network. Your major duties will be to identify cyber attacks, the perpetrator, and taking required actions against the criminal. To keep the customer’s digital data secured is also your responsibility.
We know that with the continues advancement in the technology the network complexity also increases. In order to prevent the system from cyber criminals you must be one step ahead their expertise in the field.
Ultimately, your main aim is to protect the networks and computers of the organization from criminal intervention in the best possible way.
- Constantly monitor the cyber activities in order to provide security.
- Take care of the confidentiality of the client’s digital assets.
- Be an expert to handle issues related to intrusion detection, etc.
- Monitor hardware and software, identify the areas of improvement with respect to its security.
- Secure the network infrastructure by building firewalls.
- Come up with new innovative and more effective ways to protect the IT infrastructure of the company.
- Identify the potential threats or breaching attempts.
- Effectively contribute to the improvement of cybersecurity processes in support of the company’s cybersecurity program.
- Find the identity of the perpetrator and take necessary actions against the individual.
- Set toolsets to provide and aid for the various cybersecurity activity aiming for improvement in the cybersecurity program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science engineering or other related fields.
- Proven experience as a Cyber Security Specialist or other related roles.
- Working experience in digital forensics, intrusion detection, penetration testing, or other such relevant work.
- Good at coordinating complex cybersecurity activities with respective departments.
- Excellent logical reasoning abilities.
- Ability to cope up with continuous changes in the cyber world in a fast pace manner.
- Understanding of the ways of working of hackers, attackers, and other cybercriminals.
- Good teamwork spirit and attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership qualities, verbal and written communication skills.
Cyber Security Specialist Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Cybersecurity Specialist?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on average a Python Developer on an entry-level earn about Rs. 1090K per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter, indeed, Monster and CareerJet can help get you better reach. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites with a single click. You can do a quick Recooty sign-up from here – Recooty.
What are the top skills needed to become a Cyber Security Specialist?
- Network Security: Network infrastructure is complex and one needs to have good focus in order to maintain it efficiently. To do so, it is very essential for you to have a good understanding of switching, routing, and network security protocols. This will help to track the footprints of the hackers trying to intrude into the system.
- Understanding of intrusion detection and prevention: As per a famous saying, “Prevention is better than cure. “. Similarly, an Intrusion detection and prevention system is a strong defense against all cyberattacks. Have an Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) is the best key against all the attacks on the network.
- Vulnerability assessment: Identifying the risk in our network before the unethical hacker’s understanding, would be the best way of preventing them. As there are lots of tools available to do the work of risk assessment, etc. you must be skilled enough to use them efficiently.
- Ethical hacking skills: You need to think like a hacker if you won’t fight against a hacker. Ethical Hacking skills helps the candidate to identify the ways hacker would opt for a plugin in the company’s network. It will help you identify the flaws in the security system in the technology as well as from the user’s end.
- Penetration testing: This is almost similar to ethical hacking. But, in this, the main focus of the candidate is to identify the weakness in the security system of the company’s network. It involves the use of various tools specially designed to do all the exploitation of a piece of software. Then address the weakness to the specialist if identified.
What are the top industries for Cybersecurity Specialists?
- Financial services: it is not a surprise, we all know that cybercriminals are constantly targeting financial institutions. There are a lot of opportunities available for hackers to attack financial services. People believe that payment fraud is a huge threat for the next few years. Still, we see that Financial institutions are not prepared. They don’t know how to fight and combat the increasing malicious activities of cybercriminals. So to be able to combat the threat, all financial institutions need to attract well-experienced cybersecurity professionals.
- Government institutions: The government especially in our country is not known for speed. When we talk about cybersecurity, government institutions are severely lagging behind. Various researchers have stated that government security is inadequate. This inadequacy is focused on certain significant areas. This includes replacing the outdated software, updating and patching current software, IP address reputation, and individual endpoint defense. The vulnerabilities in government systems are alarming because of the vast amount of data it contains. All this has in turn resulted in the growing need for the best talents to combat criminal organizations and provide cybersecurity to the institutions.
- Healthcare industry: Same as the government institutions healthcare industries Also contains a huge amount of information. Just like the government, these healthcare institutions are also not able to adequately protect their data. The attackers target healthcare organizations for two primary reasons. The first reason is the highly valued data contained in this organization and the ease with which hackers are able to access this data. The data that is stolen from these insecure systems are then sold on the black market. Cybercriminals purchase this data from the black market and sell personal data for a number of purposes.