This Computer Technician Job Description Template gives you an outline of the main duties and responsibilities of this job. It can be used to attract the applicants closely matching skill set requirements for this position.
It can be used to streamline the selection process and make the hiring process one step easier. You can use it to post on online job boards.
We are looking for a Computer Technician for our organization. The Candidate is required to set up, install, configure and maintain Hardware and software of the organization. You will also have to identify issues in the system and work towards resolving the issues. Keeping the system well updated by performing the regular upgrades is also your responsibility.
You will also have to provide guidance and training to the employees of the organization. You will teach them how to use the equipments in proper and efficient manner.
The duties also involve taking care of the security, privacy and protection of the system as well as the data in the system. An ideal candidate must have excellent troubleshooting skills, time management skills and communication skills.
- Set up and maintain the Hardware.
- Install and configure the software.
- Identify any problem that arises and troubleshoot them.
- Repair and maintain all the technological devices and equipment.
- Take care of the installation of networks and resolve any network or connectivity related issues.
- Take care of the security, privacy of the computer data and protect the system from attacks by managing the security options with efficiency.
- Keep the system updated with time by performing the regular upgrades.
- Identify the issues or bugs in the system and resolve them.
- Work on restoring the functionalities of the system in case of system failure.
- Provide technical support and guidance to those using the technologies and computers.
- Have maintenance sessions to enhance the functional efficiency.
- Maintain proper records of the repairs, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related courses.
- Proven experience as a Computer Technician or other relevant role.
- Experience with network installation.
- Deep knowledge of all the technological equipment and devices like computers, routers, etc.
- Understanding of data security and privacy on the web as well as from the computer system.
- Knowledge of system and data recovery.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Good organization skills, time-management skills and communication skills.
Computer Technician Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Computer Technician?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a Computer Technician on an entry-level earn about ₹22,024 / mo.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click. A quick Recooty sign up could be done from here – Recooty.
Which industries lookout for Computer Technician?
Computer Technician is one of the most sought after professional programmers in the job market.
- Retail & Ecommerce,
- Financial Services,
- Banking & Finance,
- Education & E-Learning,
- Logistic & Transportation,
- Advertisement and Product Companies
are some industries that look out for Computer Technician.