Chief Technology Officer Job Description template gives a clear description of the responsibilities and requirements of a CTO. You can customize this template accordingly and post on online job boards.
It can also be used to attract the candidates best suited for your organization.
Job Brief :
We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer to join our technical team.
The candidate is expected to be a good team player with the ability to deal with scientific and technological issues. You will also be responsible for R&D (i.e. Research and Development).
Interacton with the potential clients and employees to ensure the efficient usage of all the technological resources of the organization will be your duty. You need to have good strategic thought process, excellent knowledge of trending technologies. Extra-ordinary business insights and the capability to make brilliant business projections would be a highlight.
- Supervise the company’s infrastructure.
- Observe the company’s technology standards to understand the technological needs.
- Expand the technical aspect and make strategies for the improvement as well as efficient utilization of technological resources.
- Make sure that the technological resources fulfil the needs of the company in short as well as long run.cf
- Identify the main target markets and take steps to attain higher position in the market.
- Collaborate with the CIO to discuss the technological performance of the company and thereby derive ideas to further enhance the performance.
- Administer the IT budget on daily basis and make sure it doesn’t exceed the decided budget.
- Set deadlines for the completion and deployment of technological services.
- Take executive decisions regarding the technological requirements.
- Be a team member and keep boosting the team energy.
- Be upgraded and updated with the current technological trend.
- Ensure that the technological practices adhere to the company standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and other related fields.
- Proven experience as CTO or other related technological roles.
- Excellent technological knowledge and skills.
- Good team spirit and team management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Expanded knowledge of industry and a vision for the bright future of the organization.
- Be a good representative.
Chief Technology Officer Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Chief Technology Officer?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a Chief Technology Officer on an entry-level, earns about $166,211 in the US per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
Which industries lookout for Chief Technology Officer?
Chief Technology Officer is one of the most sought after professionals in the job market. Organisations need good Chief Technology Officers to understand the complexities of the everyday growing world of Information Technology.
Top industries that lookout for a Chief Technology Officer are :
- Network architecture
- Big data engineering
- Information security management
- Security engineering
- Web software development
What are the key skills a Chief Technology Officer must have ?
Besides being an expert in the ever growing IT department, a Chief Technology Officer must excel in the following areas of skills :
- Communication: To provide proper guidance to all the IT employees in the organization the CTO must know how to communicate his/her technology strategies clearly.
- Decision-making: For the growth of the organization the CTO has to take fare decisions according to the organization’s budget.
- Leadership: For efficient and effective working of the IT department the CTO must offer inspiring leadership.
- Organization: To ensure that all the departments have the right expertise for the right work and to manage various departments the CTO must have excellent organization skills.
- Business: As the CTO has to contribute to the development and implementation of strategic plans, the candidate needs to have Business understanding.
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Recooty can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.