This Business Development Manager Job description template gives you a concise picture of the key duties and requirements for this job. It is the first touchpoint between the company and the new hire. It helps you channelize your thought process and make a vise rescission.
Job Brief :
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who can oversee the business development work for our company.
You will set business goals, modify and develop new strategies for the company as well as oversee the employee’s work to achieve the goals.
To be the ideal candidate you should be an adequate leader with complete knowledge of business best policies. It will help you in guiding the employees, enhance their abilities and upgrade the results.
You will be required to develop and maintain long term business relations with the potential clients. You should be well versed with the current trends and marketing methods.
Ultimately, to be a successful Business Development Manager’s you should be capable of increasing the profitability of the organization’s business under your leadership.
- Determine the business opportunities and set goals for the organization.
- Develop and implement business strategies to maximize profit and achieve the goals.
- Be updated with the market trends, policies and discover advanced investment opportunities.
- Supervise the work of office employees and train them as and when needed to enhance their efficiency.
- Ensure the availability of the adequate resources.
- Develop good relations with the customers and business partners.
- Understand the needs and requirements of the clients.
- Oversee the negotiation process with the clients and ensure their satisfaction.
- Conduct client meetings from time to time and describe the organization’s policies clearly.
- Discuss the changes in the policies and procedures with all the employees to keep them updated.
- Keep updating the strategies of the organization according to the upcoming laws and legal procedures.
- Estimate and study the overall performance of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business and other related courses.
- Proven experience as Business manager or other relatable roles.
- Extra-ordinary verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of the business policies and strategies.
- Understanding of data analysis techniques and research methods.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, database, etc.
- Leadership qualities, organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Good work ethics, problem solving skills and networking skills.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer services.
Business Development Manager Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Business Development Manager?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a Business Development Manager on an entry-level earn about Rs. 500,000 in India and $88,000 in the US per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
What are the top skills needed for a Business Development Manager?
Business Development Manager Top Skills :
- Communication Skills: A Business development manager has to communicate with the stakeholders of the project. The candidate is also required to communicate with potential clients to engage new clients. So to do these tasks efficiently you must have good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation skills: The candidate needs to know when to take a stand and when to compromise on the company’s terms while making a deal. To persuade the company’s prospective you must know how to convince your clients.
- Project Management: Business Development Manager duties involve planning, setting goals, managing multiple projects, and overseeing the complete development cycle of a project.
- Computer skills: There is immense growth in the use of technologies and the role of IT in every department. Basic computer skills are therefore essential for every employee for the benefit of the organization.
- Business Knowledge: Having a good understanding of the company’s products and business services is important. Something that’s more important is having complete knowledge of the competition in the market and their business strategies.