This BI Consultant job description template gives a brief description of the responsibility and finance of this job. It can be used to attract the candidates most suited to the open position. It streamlines the selection process and makes the hiring process one step easier.
This template is SCO optimized. You can customize it and use it to post on online job boards.
We are looking for a BI consultant for our organization. The candidate will have to contribute strongly to the development process of our business intelligence systems.
You will take care of the implementation, testing, and documentation of BI systems. You must ensure that all the methods used in the BI systems are authentic and secure.
Creating strategies to share data with internal and external stakeholders is also your responsibility.
An ideal candidate must have working experience in data processing and business intelligence tools. He/She must have good skills in statistics reporting and management.
- Take care of the implementations of the BI systems.
- Test and document the existing BI systems.
- Review and evaluate the existing data collection, data flow, and analytics systems.
- Analyze the big data to determine the patterns and trends.
- Develop new data analysis policies and ensure their execution.
- Build machine learning algorithms and predictive models for the identification of new opportunities as well as the risk involved.
- Work with multiple databases, data sources and create a strategy to share data with internal and external stakeholders.
- Make sure that the data extraction method used is authentic and secure.
- Adopt data visualization techniques for presenting information I am trained team members for the same.
- Be well updated about the advancements in the data science field.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or other related courses.
- Proven experience as a BI consultant or in relevant roles.
- Acquaintance with the data science industry.
- Good experience in data mining, data analysis, and machine learning.
- Working experience with data processing frameworks like Hadoop and business intelligence tools like Microsoft BI power.
- Good communication skills and management skills.
- Statistics and reporting skills.
BI Consultant Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a BI Consultant?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a BI Consultant on an entry-level earn about Rs783,898 per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click. A quick Recooty sign up could be done from here – Recooty.
What are the top skills BI Consultant must have?
The top skills every BI Consultant must have are
- Good communication skills: Communication skills or a critical soft skill for every PI consultant. The candidate might have to describe complex technical information to a non-technical professional. You must be able to communicate with people clearly and effectively.
- Knowledge of the industry: to be successful as a BI consultant you must have a good understanding of the industry you are working in. You must have complete knowledge mufti current trends in that particular industry. This knowledge will help you in offering useful solutions to the executives. Also, to contribute immensely In professional meetings and conferences this knowledge is essential.
- Problem-solving skills: apart from analyzing the data, the candidate also has to come up with effective solutions to offer to the executives. The BI consultant therefore must come up with proper solutions and suggestions. This in turn would contribute to better business decision-making for the company.