This Behavioral Health Technician Job Description Template is a compilation of the responsibilities and requirements of a Behavioral Health Technician. It helps you to channelize your thoughts and make a wise choice for your open position.
You can customize it according to your needs and use it to post on online job boards.
We are looking for a Behavioral Health Technician for our organization. The candidate will have to collaborate with the health professionals, psychiatrists, and the whole medical staff to discuss the health status of the patients. You in collaboration with the other medical experts will decide the correct treatment for patients having behavioral disorders. The patients will be under your supervision and you will ensure they receive the proper care and support that they need.
An ideal candidate is supposed to have a good understanding of capacity along with excellent listening skills.
- Perform the prescribed treatment on each patient.
- Monitor the changes in patient’s health status.
- Record each development or change in the patient’s health.
- Report every change in the patient’s health.
- Make sure the patients receive the full care and support that they need.
- Support patients emotionally, help them fight anxiety, and radiate positivity.
- Alarm health professionals in case of emergencies.
- Manage other administrative tasks.
- Take care of the confidentiality of the patient’s medical records.
- Be alert in situations where patients take hazardous steps to harm themselves.
- Associate’s degree in behavioral health or in other related fields.
- Work experience in mental health organizations or in other relevant wards.
- Ability to handle patients with care and patience.
- Alertness and activeness to react in adverse situations.
- Excellent observation skills, listening skills, and good understanding.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Behavioral Health Technician Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Behavioral Health Technician?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average the hourly pay of a Behavioral Health Technician on an entry-level is about $14.46.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
What are the top qualities to become a Behavioral Health Technician?
- Detail Oriented: You have to maintain accurate records of the patients. Often your records are the basis to decide the further treatment of the patient. Accuracy is important also while updating the patient’s family about his/her health status.
- Problem-solving ability: In case of any discrepancies related to the patient records, bill formation, etc. you are supposed to handle the situation. You also have to figure out ways to improve the system.
- Verbal and written communication skills: You have to deal with patients, their families as well as healthcare professionals. You also have to maintain records of patient’s health status.
- Good Understanding: You are supposed to provide support and care to the patients having behavioral disorders. Understanding the patients is the main key to perform all these tasks efficiently.
- Analytical ability: You are supposed to read and understand the medical records of the patients to figure out what treatment has to be carried out.