This Bank Teller Job Description Template is a compilation of all the responsibilities and requirements of a Bank Teller. It will help you to channelize your thoughts and make the best choice for your open position. Therefore, it makes your hiring process a lot easier.
It helps you broaden your candidate reach. This template is SEO optimized. You can even customize it according to your needs and use it to post on online job boards.
Job Brief :
We are looking for a Bank Teller Job Description Template for our organization. The candidate is required to manage the everyday tasks of the organization such as payment processing, transaction processing, customer deposits, etc.
You will have to answer customer queries, assist them, and educate them about the products and services offered.
The ideal candidate must have a good professional appearance. He/She must exhibit qualities like good management skills, organization skills, and mathematical skills.
- Provide support to customers for bank transactions such as cash deposits, withdrawals, etc.
- Answer customer questions, attend their complaints, and resolve their issues such as account discrepancies.
- Determine the needs and requirements of the clients.
- Educate customers about the product and services provided by the organization.
- Maintain a proper record of all the transactions and keep reporting them.
- Take care of bank supplies, make sure all the stored information is accurate and to the point.
- Work towards building a good relationship with the customers on the basis of trust, loyalty, and customer satisfaction.
- Make sure that all the banking activities, bank services, and transactions comply with the legal policies and security regulations of the bank.
- Manage cash drawers and handle account discrepancies.
- Always keep the workspace clean and organized. Also, maintain a good professional appearance.
- Ensure the bank data is highly confidential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Finance, or other related courses.
- Proven experience as a Bank teller or in any other relevant role.
- Good hand on PC, and other electronic equipment such as cash drawers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build good relations with customers on the basis of customer satisfaction and trust.
- Good convincing ability, mathematical skills, management skills.
- A keen eye for details.
Bank Teller Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for a Bank Teller?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average a Bank Teller on an entry-level earn about ₹295K / yr per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click.
What are the top qualities needed to become a successful Bank Teller?
Top qualities needed to become successful Bank Teller are :
- Good Customer Service : Mostly a Bank Teller is the first point of contact between a customer and the bank. The responsibility relies on you to convince the customers to grow relations with your bank.
- Accounting knowledge : You are supposed to manage customer transactions and maintain cash drawer. Good accounting knowledge is therefore important.
- Mathematical mind : To handle cash drawers and big amount of cash every day, having mathematical mind is a must or every aspiring candidate.
- Technical knowledge : To operate all banking equipments efficiently, good technical knowledge is another key feature.
- Cash Handling skills : You are supposed to maintain cash drawers with utmost accuracy. So, ability to handle big amount of cash is important.
- Organization skills : As you continue sly have to collect bank documents, record bank statements, etc. It is must for you to be organized.
- Excellent computer skills : With the immense growth in technology, banking sector as well has automatized its major sections. To access customer data, their transaction details, etc which are the major duties of a Bank Teller computer skills play a vital role.
- Good written and verbal communication skills : You have to communicate with the customer and answer their financial questions. This can be down effectively only when your communication skills are in point.
- Problem solving ability : You act as the first point of contact between the bank and the customers. You will often have to deal with angry customers, facing a situation of distress. Staying calm and coming up with solutions for their problems is what makes you a successful Bank Teller.
- Keen eye for details : To get back to each and every customer with accurate information of their banking transactions, attention to details is essential.