This Application Developer Job Description Template gives a brief description of this job. It can help you in attracting high concentration of best suited candidates for your open position. It also contributes in streaming the hiring process and makes it one step easier.
This template is SEO optimized. You can customize it according to your needs and use it to post on online job boards.
You are looking for an Application Developer for our organization. The candidate will have to understand the client’s requirements. You will then have to Collaborate with the technical team to discuss the specifications and develop high-quality applications. You will also have to write clean and efficient source codes. Checking the performance of the existing applications and modifying it as per the requirements is also your responsibility.
You must have good communication skills, analytical skills and problem-solving abilities. You are ultimate aim is to develop good, functional, cutting-edge Software Application for the growth of the organization.
- Understand the organizations need and client requirements.
- Develop software solutions according to the customer’s needs and requirements.
- Work closely with the IT department, to decide the application specifications.
- Create innovative prototypes as per the specifications.
- Write clean and high quality source code for the application.
- Perform tests and debug codes before the launch.
- Check the performance of the existing applications.
- Update and modify the existing applications according to the needs.
- Develop handbooks and other technical documents to represent the coffee and design of new applications.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or other related courses.
- Proven experience as an Application Developer or in other related roles.
- Expertise in programming languages such as C#, Java, etc.
- Understanding of programming principles and software designing.
- Knowledge of programming with the help of development tools.
- Good problem solving skills and analytical mindset.
- Team work spirit and time management skills.
- Attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Application Developer Job Description FAQs:
What is a typical payout for an Application Developer?
Salaries depend on location and years of experience involved. But on an average an Application Developer on an entry-level earn about Rs 624K per year.
How can this Job Description help me broaden my reach for better candidates?
Posting this job description on various job boards such as Adzuna, ZipRecruiter and CareerJet can help get you better reach of the candidates. Using an ATS like Recooty can help save you a great deal of manual work! This allows you to post jobs to more than 20+ job sites on a single click. A quick Recooty sign up could be done from here – Recooty.
Which industries lookout for Application Developer?
Some main industries that look up for Application Developer are:
- Healthcare industry: We know there are the number of healthcare and fitness app in the market in the market. The availability of such apps in mobiles and tablets is a matter of convenience, feasibility and affordability. It also contributes in expanding the patients awareness and knowledge in medical field.
- Finance industry: with the kind of developments in mobile technologies, the finance industry is able to access their important and sensitive data any time. Activities like checking account status, money transfer, bill payment and many more financial activities have become so easy for the users with these apps.
- Entertainment industry: The entertainment industry recently has started creating many entertainment and gaming applications for the customers. This is done so that the customers feel entertain with the apps all the time. It is said that the Smartphone users on an average spend 15% of the time on these apps.
- Travel and tourism industry: Application supporting the mobile and tablet format provide comfort and satisfaction to global travelers. It also contributes remarkably in promotion and brand building of travel and tourism companies.
Some other industries for Application Developers are:
- IT industry,
- Fashion and e-commerce industry,
- Education industry,
- Hospital and food services industry,
- Retail industry,
- E-Commerce industry.
What are the skills every application developer must have?
- Analytical skills: it is important for the candidate to have the ability to analyze the way clients use their applications. It helps in understanding The actual needs of the clients. This in turn contributes remarkably to the creation of top-class applications.
- Creativity: developers need to think hard as to how their users incorporate their applications into the daily routine. Didn’t have to come up with creative ideas for their application to stand out in the market. This job does not just need technical skills but also an open and creative mind.
- Communication skills: The candidate has to communicate orally as well as in writing. They need to ask the right question to the clients to gain good understanding of what the clients need from the application. You also must know how to give instructions to the team members. In some cases, you might also have to explain the project to non-technical members of the team. For all your explanations to be accurate and clear you must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving ability: as a developer, a big part of your job is to troubleshoot all the issues that arise during the development. You must have the skill to recognize any technical problem arising in the application. You also have to come up with the best solution for all the problems.